Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Unhappy KB Toys starting to close

I stopped in to the KB toy store in Batavia, Illinois today to check if they are ever going to get anything new in. For the past several months they've only had the older Saga figures at $2.99 and the repacked 4 packs at $9.99. The store manager told me that they were just notified that they and the Bolingbrook KB would be closed in the very near future. They weren't given a date yet but she claimed they were one of 300 stores being closed in the U.S. She said they were expecting 200 cases of unknown merchandise later this week but when it was sold they would just be ringing it up as liquidators were being sent in to price and sell it. I hate to see them go as it is one less place we have to shop. Maybe we'll luck out and be able to get some liquidation prices if they get the right merchandise in.

Went to the Aurora Walmart to check on reports of new items. Toy department is being completely redone. No places for any Starwars yet but they did have a clearance rack with a lot of Yoda and Anakin on the Clone Wars card. They were selling 2 for $4.00 so if you don't have them nows the time.

Made a Batavia Target run today. They had about 6 sets of the 1st wave of cartoon figures. Also a few older ones I didn't have: Vader throne room duel, Boba pitt of carcoon & Luke throne room duel. I passed on the Luke. It looked like junk to me but thats my opinion.

Doesn't anyone post here anymore or is Chicago "home of the scalpers" and its everyone for themselves. I thought this section was for collectors to help one another yet I see theres just a small handfull of posters. Perhaps Sir Steve should delete this thread.

Update!!

KBtoys..

Two in my area (SE Wisconsin) are closing. Milwaukee 68 & National (only place I every got the Bonus pack of figures other than a trade with a Chi Town forum member)

Racine, WI - KB Toys closing due to lease issue with the mall, currently everything in the store is 20% off....might as well pickup some TIE Fighters before they are gone (unless the website might have a fire sale!)

Milwaukee, Racine & Kenosha Targets got in the Hoth wave with Jabba and gone in minutes. Wave 1 of Clone Wars Animated figures and a C3p0 Dlx.
    HailFire Droid, Anakin's Starfighter and Geonosian Fighter. Picked up a destroyer droid launcher for $2.48 (actually rang up as $0.00 but whatever)

Super Wal-Mart (Racine) 18 freshly reset pegs for SW figures and stuff...only two figures Lott Dodd $3 and Pilot Jango.

TRU (Racine) Aayla repackaged, POTJ wave (still) 3 Gunships, 6 Cinema Scenes and a Geo Fighter, Jedi 4 pack.

TRU (Milwaukee) Wave 1 Clone Wars (no ARC troopers), Cinema Scenes, Gunship, Anakin's ship, Jango Fett Slave I (still a whopping $29.99).

This is what I have seen consistantly for past 3-4 weeks save the 6 Red ARC Troopers that appeared when the TRU found the entire CW Wave 1 onto the shelves.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

KBToys information

Here is the link to everything KB Toys is doing and which stores are getting the AX

http://www.kbtinfo.com/kbtinfo001.htm

CW Animated Wave 2 at Target in Lemont. No Yodas. Two of each other fig were there after I left.

Went to the Meir's store in Geneva today and the pegs looked pretty sparse. Upon closer examination there appeared to be some items on a top shelf, just out of reach, So I got a golf club and pulled them down. Sure enough; 2 Spider Droids, 1 Clonetrooper with Speeder, 1 Dirge with Speeder, 1 R1-D4, 1 3pack of army droids and 1 3pack of the clonetroopers with yellow stripe. Probably some employee put them up until they got off work. I bought the Clonetrooper 3 pack and hung the others on the pegs so someone else could find them.

SNOW....small delay in the search for new figures....

well Target got in the Brown Coat Han Solo..Imp Snowtrooper, Boba Fett POC, TRD Luke and TRD Vader and Animated CW Wave 3....all figures...Clone, Yoda, Dooku, Durge...

wow...only problem is that the Saga figures rang up as $0.00 with the old Dept sku.....

I have to raise an issue about this since they wanted to use the new Dept sku that covers 04 figures not the 03 figures....we will see since the last 03 figures I got rang up at $1.18 back on Jan 22...goofy system...maybe just a crack in the system.

Target doesn't follow the rules it sets.

Well I made a toy run to Fox Valley at lunch today and the results were:

Meijer on Rt. 59 had 1 each 12"Jedi Luke, 12"Old Ben and 12"Yoda. Nothing else.

TRU on New York Street: Garbage. They had a few Reiken with view screen and C-3PO with Pod but they raised the prices to $10.99 on the deluxe figures.

Target on Rt. 59 has Wave 2 animated but!!!
    It had 5 Yoda, 5 Dooku and 5 Dirge.....No Clonetroopers.

I asked the clerk what had happened to them and he said 3 guys come in every morning when they open to get the new stuff and they only bought the clonetroopers. I pointed out that there was a sign that said collectibles would no longer be stocked overnight and instead be put out at various times during the day to help avoid this problem. He said they only post that hoping the morning scalpers won't show up. So its evident that Target is no longer following their own rules. BTW the sign also says the clerks can no longer check in the back for us. So much for giving exclusives to Target.

After going back to Target since they would not change the price on the Dept SKU from $0.00 (087060326) This sku was used on old Collection 2 figures (including Ack Med & Imp Dignatary #2).

The new dept SKU is 087060758 for all new and current figures (R1-G4, Hoth Luke, Hoth Trooper and so on). These would ring up for $4.99

The old figures that I just saw all of a sudden have a Target SKU of 087061014 and ring up for $5.99.

After having the employee check the price on the portable scanned it rang up correct but also said not part of PLAN-O-GRAM ( I worked in retail and have setup PLANOGRAMS) so she said for me to pick what I wanted and the rest go in the back since all of the $4.99 price figures are SKU 08706758 and needed to be set in the back room for now.

I bought what I wanted (3x Imp Snowtroopers & Hoth Han Brown Coat 1st time I have sent them).

Does this seem a little odd?

thx....

btw all of the CW Animated wave 2 was gone and some of the cards that were fine yesterday were now damaged (Probably by the SMELLY HOT WHEELS COLLECTORS).

[My wife was with me in the same store and she could smell their FUNK coming from another isle.....dude take a shower and USE SOME SOAP....it was so bad the odor hung in the air.]

Just an nasal observation.