Thread: alias: season 3

alias: season 3

anyone watching the jennifer garner show "alias". i really loved season one, but was really turned off by season 2, with the writers bringing in sidney's mom and making her the arch nemisis of the CIA. i just found that whole family dynamic lame......but i watched every episode, hoping things would get better.

now we're 4 episodes into season three, and it's like the show is stuck in the mud. they've tried to shake things up by having sidney missing for 2 years, and made sloan an apparent good guy, but it's obvious he's still bad, and i'm sorry to say i'm getting really bored with the show. anyone else share my feelings?

............and i have hopes that "24" will continue to be the high quality drama we've experienced the last 2 years, but have my doubts about this season as well. instead of an assination attempt or bomb, now it's a virus on the loose. ...........i was really hoping plamer had died(not that i don't like his character) and maybe this season would of been set before the first season, back in jack's delta force or swat days. :happy:

I thought much of season 2 was pretty interesting, but season 3 definitely feels like a downer so far. Even on just the action level, it's starting to feel very bland, and I don't expect anything new from tonight's ep.

As for 24, I didn't like last season at all and don't expect to even bother watching season 3 at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree with both of you. 24 season 2 didn't really do it for me. I'm a little dissapointed in Alias season three, but it's still a heck of a lot better than the other crap on tv. I enjoyed most of Alias season two, and lena olin?? did a great job. Season 3 just "feels" too different. I don't like dixon being in charge either . . .
    Your signature here!

I haven't had time to watch any of Season 3 except for the first episode...anyone mind telling me what I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    I haven't had time to watch any of Season 3 except for the first episode...anyone mind telling me what I missed?
    you haven't missed anything really.

sidney found out she murdered some old guy but has no memory of it......sidney and vaughn's wife hate each other......and sidney stabbed vaughn in the gut to keep some bad guys from shooting him in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    Sydney stabbed Vaughn in the gut to keep some bad guys from shooting him in the head.
    That part could use a little more explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    That part could use a little more explaining.
    sidney was working undercover with a ring of theives, they captured vaughn spying on them, and were going to kill him. sidney convinced them that vaughn had double crossed her(she told them he was her supplier and didn't know he was CIA) and that she should be allowed to kill him.

so instead of one of the bad guys shooting vaughn in the head, sidney stabbed him in the gut and kicked him down a steep hill.......where he was left for dead......end of last night's episode.

I thought season one was alright but season two was lame IMO. I just grew tired of Sloan, Sidneys mother, and that Zarck (or however the fudge you spell his name) guy always living and slipping away. They couldnt have just killed one? I havent even bothered watching an episode of season 3. It just seems that the only bait this show has for attracting viewers is for in the commercials showing her dressed up in some outfit. Shes a cute woman, but compared to many others she looks pedestrian. And it gets pretty old after a while.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    sidney found out she murdered some old guy but has no memory of it
    The old guy turned out to be Sark's ultra-wealthy father.

kool-aid, this season basically started with Sark, who had been captured for the missing 2 years, getting away again, which was just sad because he's pretty lame.

I thought last night's ep had nothing going on really, it was just a lot of trying to be more interesting than it was and failing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought last night's ep was better than the previous. It felt like more old skool Alias, at least to me.

...Remember when Marshall started speaking Ewok last season... funny stuff.
    Your signature here!