Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kobe Bryant Goes to Trial

Just announced.... Kobe Bryant will indeed have to stand trial...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

i don't recall if its aspen or vail, but one of the ritzy mountain towns announced they would NOT be covering the case. they'd report the verdict when it comes in, but otherwise won't be reporting on it. personally thats all the info i care to know. already more details have come out than i need to hear about. i watch sportscenter every morning while getting ready for work. i want to hear about sports and scores from the night before, not 30 minutes of way-too-intimate details from the opening hearings.

I for one am glad to see they didnt let him off because of his celebrity Status. If he did do it, he deserves tofry. If not, then he deserves to be free. I hope that he doesnt get off because he is famous.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

If the "glove" doesn't fit, you must acquit!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I think these are trumped up charges and while some people worry about Kobe getting off because of his celebrity, I worry about him getting the shaft because of his celebrity. These guys are easy targets and aside from the obvious shame of cheating on his wife, it still remains that these guys will always be more attractive targets to someone looking to make waves.

Of course, if he is guilty then he should do time because rape is a terrible, terrible, thing but from what I've seen of the prosecution's case it's pretty shaky. I totally understand that a real victim would not want to come forward right away out of fear/shame/etc. and I respect that. However, if she was in fact going around bragging about . . . certain things to brag about . . . then that is rather telling I think.

Also, even if Kobe IS innocent then he's already ruined. However, his accuser didn't even have to show up in court to make the accusation. That doesn't seem right to me. Or fair.

And what is the deal with that idiot who offered to kill the accuser? Disgusting.

I think Kobe is guilty of bad decisions and betraying his wife but that's much different than being guilty of a crime.

I don't know for certain that he's innocent but I'm leaning toward it.

I'll agree with what you are saying Caesar, without saying anything myself.

whats surprising to me - is that the sentence.. the maximum sentence.. is life.
    now, I agree that rape is horrible. and if guilty, he should do time, and hopefully endure some of the same. but life? I hate to say it - but with OJ out on a golf course. if Kobe gets life - Im gonna yell shenanigans!!!

now - heres a question I have for you - the Hockey guys that had the accident. Car crash killed one player, the player driving ( refresher )
    MSNBC reports the sad news:

All-Star Dany Heatley will face more serious charges after the death of Atlanta Thrashers teammate Dan Snyder, who never regained consciousness following a horrific car crash.

SNYDER DIED SUNDAY night at Grady Hospital, the team said, six days after sustaining massive brain injuries in the wreck. He was 25.

Police said Heatley was driving his Ferrari at about 80 mph on a narrow two-lane road last Monday night when he lost control, spun off the road and smashed into a brick and wrought iron fence.

Snyder was a passenger. The car split in half, throwing both players into the road.

Heatley already was facing several charges, including a felony. The charges will be upgraded, Sgt. John Quigley, an Atlanta Police Department spokesman, said Sunday night. He said investigators will meet with the district attorney’s office Monday.

“It would likely be vehicular homicide first degree,” Quigley said.

ok.. my question is. while this is certainly not a good thing - he is facing vehicular homicide first degree - for unintentionally killing his friend. Something he will have to live with for the rest of his life. Snyder knew he was getting into this car, thus he knew the possibilities that something could go wrong, if indeed the was some sort of substance abuse going on.. it was his choice to get in that car..

now.. flash back to a few years ago - the Rams Leonard Little
    http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal..._s_mind+.shtml

he kills a woman while driving intoxicated, and uh... he is STILL playing football.

"What right indeed? That is what a goodly number of people in St. Louis felt and certainly what the family of his victim felt when a court ordered him to serve 1,000 hours of community service but no jail time for an accident Little concedes really was no accident at all because of the decisions he made that night."

is this fair??? GAH!! I just dont understand.. this woman didnt choose to hang out with this man - she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. and he got NO JAIL TIME?!?!??!

I seriously hate the judicial system sometimes..
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Little belongs in jail -- no argument there from me.

Heatly should do time, too.

I wouldn't worry about Kobe getting harsher treatment because he's a celebrity. I can't think of one instance where they were.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Wow Steve it has been a while since you put up a thread, and a controversial one at that!!

Have they caught the other 2 guys that are supposedly guilty too.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!