Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elan is sleezy

Elan is sleezy

After much anticipation for the Bail Organa wave I just recieved three of the new figures (of which I will also review), and one of the figures was Elan Sleazebaggano. I was really anxious for this fig, but after looking at him I was a bit disappointed. One look at his "beard" and you will know why. I tried to take some pictures with my Logitech Clicksmart camera but it does not take any closeups without massive blurs.

The figure itself is kind of nice but the face and his "gun" hand just ruins the very nice clothing detail and plastic cape. The index finger on Elan's right hand juts out to hold a trigger on his gun which would be fairly easy to dismiss, but you just can't ignore that head. The head itself really does not look like the character in the movie at all!. A tan paintjob around the jaw is supposed to represent a beard, but does not cut it. Also the neck is quite long.

The accessoreis consist of a cup, spice sticks, and a bar piece, and Elan's gun is nothing more than a black painted Bespin Security Guard pistol. In the end it's just a dissapointment
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    After much anticipation for the Bail Organa wave I just recieved three of the new figures (of which I will also review), and one of the figures was Elan Sleazebaggano. I was really anxious for this fig, but after looking at him I was a bit disappointed. One look at his "beard" and you will know why. I tried to take some pictures with my Logitech Clicksmart camera but it does not take any closeups without massive blurs.

The figure itself is kind of nice but the face and his "gun" hand just ruins the very nice clothing detail and plastic cape. The index finger on Elan's right hand juts out to hold a trigger on his gun which would be fairly easy to dismiss, but you just can't ignore that head. The head itself really does not look like the character in the movie at all!. A tan paintjob around the jaw is supposed to represent a beard, but does not cut it. Also the neck is quite long.

The accessoreis consist of a cup, spice sticks, and a bar piece, and Elan's gun is nothing more than a black painted Bespin Security Guard pistol. In the end it's just a dissapointment
    Damn, that's all I'm hearing from this Wave.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

In the end it's just a dissapointment
    Yep, too bad. I wasn't sure that I was going to bother with this one anyway ... but now I suppose it'll be an even lesser priority.

Isn't it weird that they gave him a gun anyway? (Not to mention that they had to sculpt his hand to fit it.) Ooooh, I just looked at the pics in the DB and now I know what you're saying about the beard. He looks like Radar from Mash in that photo.

And here's a crazy question ... does the figure have ears? I thought that they CG'd them out for the movie. Obviously the sculptor used the photo on the back for reference and not the "without ears" photo on the front, that's from the movie.

Oh well, you win some ... you lose some.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Yep, too bad. I wasn't sure that I was going to bother with this one anyway ... but now I suppose it'll be an even lesser priority.

Isn't it weird that they gave him a gun anyway? (Not to mention that they had to sculpt his hand to fit it.) Ooooh, I just looked at the pics in the DB and now I know what you're saying about the beard. He looks like Radar from Mash in that photo.

And here's a crazy question ... does the figure have ears? I thought that they CG'd them out for the movie. Obviously the sculptor used the photo on the back for reference and not the "without ears" photo on the front, that's from the movie.

Oh well, you win some ... you lose some.
    actually Elan has very detailed human ears!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Man,I was looking foward to this figure. I guess I will decide when I see it, if I see it. Thanks Jaff for the review.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

actually Elan has very detailed human ears!
    So... it only took a little while for this figure to turn up near me.
    Interestingly enough, my Elan has no ears. So, it looks like they've changed this figure. Anyone else have the Elan with no ears? Anyone have the Elan with ears? Anyone have Elan at all?
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
    Do you have a camera to take pics of the earless version?
    Why ... as a matter of fact ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elan_cls.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	7117  
    plasticfetish.net

Well, that's interesting. I'll keep mine the way it is though.

My Anakin (Hangar Duel)'s blue saber broke (I got another one at Kay-Bee for customizing and gave the good saber to my old Ani), so I am now using the little peg as a death stick for Elan to hold between his pointer and middle fingers. It actually looks very good.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Why ... as a matter of fact ...
    How about a photo of the one with ears?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)