Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Padme can make you loose your head!

Padme Amidala Lars Homestead comes with her cape, and a unnessesary stand. The figre stands with ease, and if pushed she will wobble a bit because her feet and solid dress form a firm base. I will say that the base makes you a little curious because it has two connection points for other bases! Could these connections be for a new 3PO, Anakin, or one of the Lars family members. Only time will tell! The paintjob and sculpt are wonderful. The outfit she wears is intensly detailed and can impress without effort. Surprising enough her legs are articulated even though they can't move far. Her legs and dress are sculpted as one, and are very similar to a vintage obi-wan kenobi figure. Although her cape looks very cool I would suggest that you are careful placing her in. Padme's head pops off instantly when you try to take her out of the cape. The cape is very tight around her head, and you'll need to pry the head out to get it back. When she has the cape on she does not look as good as she should, so I fully intend to display her without the hugging cape.

I will admit that I like this figure, even though th face of the figure does not look like Natalie Portman. The head looks like it was sculpted for a different toy line, and at an angle the head seems much larger than it should be.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    Padme Amidala Lars Homestead comes with her cape, and a unnessesary stand. The figre stands with ease, and if pushed she will wobble a bit because her feet and solid dress form a firm base. I will say that the base makes you a little curious because it has two connection points for other bases! Could these connections be for a new 3PO, Anakin, or one of the Lars family members. Only time will tell! The paintjob and sculpt are wonderful. The outfit she wears is intensly detailed and can impress without effort. Surprising enough her legs are articulated even though they can't move far. Her legs and dress are sculpted as one, and are very similar to a vintage obi-wan kenobi figure. Although her cape looks very cool I would suggest that you are careful placing her in. Padme's head pops off instantly when you try to take her out of the cape. The cape is very tight around her head, and you'll need to pry the head out to get it back. When she has the cape on she does not look as good as she should, so I fully intend to display her without the hugging cape.

I will admit that I like this figure, even though th face of the figure does not look like Natalie Portman. The head looks like it was sculpted for a different toy line, and at an angle the head seems much larger than it should be.
    Pics, where's the pics?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I wish my Logitech 310 wasn't so crappy. I took over tweny pics, but every one was blurred and nowhere near centered. I can't believe they make digital cameras that do not have a picture outline in the viewfinder. I was really p#@.ed. I thought putting pictures in would be cool, anyone else have this wave yet to help me post some pics. Here's is 5 example of how bad some of the pics of padme, janus, and elan were.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Why!!! I'm a dignitary.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	6878   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headless padme.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	6879   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padme Back detail.  NICE!.JPG 
Views:	81 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	6880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	If this camera wasn't a gift it would be destroye by now!.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	6881  

Wow, I thought my Kodak cheapo was bad. Can you take it back?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

...anyone else have this wave yet to help me post some pics.
    Not yet Mr. Lucky-new-toys-guy. I get the idea well enough though. (It's just a webcam right? you might try using more light.) I'm looking forward to this Padme figure ... crossing my fingers that this'll be the one I actually like.
    plasticfetish.net

If you have a scanner... try putting the figures on that. It works for me every time!! :happy:
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Here's is 5 example of how bad some of the pics of padme, janus, and elan were.

Wheres the 5th one? Did you fail math class?

Thanks for the pics jaff. The reviews are great and can not wait to hopefully find them, at least the Dignitary.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I picked this figure up today and I'm debating on whether or not to open it or return it. Let me say that the sculpt is excellent my problem is with the paint application. I'm not sure if its just the one I got or a problem with them all but she was obviously painted completely blue and then painted flesh colored over that. It looks as if she has a ball joint type head and it wasn't removed and painted flesh colored because when looking up under her chin you can see blue paint on the upper part of her neck where it connects to her head. Basically if you removed her head you'd have a blue ball rather than a flesh colored one. The other problem area is around her eyes and looks as if she applied her eye make-up in the dark ruining what is otherwise a rather good face sculpt. This was the only figure of her at the store so I don't have anything to compare her to so I'm hoping this isn't the way they all look because she looks to be an excellent figure otherwise.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Well Hellboy, I opened up my Padme and after reading your comment I looked at the fig and you are absolutely right. The flesh is covering blue paint. So there's your conformation on her. I noticed what your talking about on her hands mostly, her waist, and neckline.

Yeah the hands are another problem area on mine too. I've decided to return her with the hopes of finding another at a later date with better paint. I sure hope there are some good ones out there because I really like this figure but I'll pass if they all look this bad.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”