Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmiller
    I agree, Michael Ian Black is the best part of the show. Wasn't he in "Kids in the Hall"?

=MATT=
    You're likely thinking of MTV's comedy troupe "The State", which Black was a key member of.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    You're likely thinking of MTV's comedy troupe "The State", which Black was a key member of.
    Oh yea, than JT. I knew he was in some sketch comedy group. For a minuite there I thought I was loosing it.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Do you mean Hal Sparks? He has some good one liners, but not as good as M.I.B. I haven't felt the vibe like in the first I.L.T.80s so far.
    Nothing VH1 does from now on, will best the original ILT80's, but the current "80's Strike Back" soundly beats their "I Love The 1970's," special.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I have found myself laughing out loud more for ILT80SB than ILT80. I agree, LBC, that the ILT70 was not so interesting, probably because I was alive for only 6.75 years of them, with maybe 3 to 4 of those years having hazy memories of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    "The State, The State; like Rhode Island." I used to love the commercials for it, and sometimes the sketches were even funny, too.

BTW (I've been using a lot of acronyms, it seems), have any of these topics been covered in either the ILT80 or ILT80SB?
    - "Herb" from Burger King
    - TV shows Misfits of Science, MacGyver, Sledgehammer!, Police Squad!, or ALF.
    - Crystal Pepsi
    - Chicken fried steaks
    - Zubaz prints
    - Hats with flaps on the back
    - Pork rinds
    - Velcro on shoes
    - Ben Johnson on steroids

Just curious.
    "That's what Sheev said."

- Crystal Pepsi
    Crystal Pepsi came out in 1993.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Crystal Pepsi came out in 1993.
    Right now!
    Catch that magic moment and do it right!
    Right now!

I drank it just because Van Halen's song in the commercial made me do it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Ugh! I work for Pepsi and even i know that Crystal Pepsi was pretty nutty. There are a few cans of that still back at the Pepsi plant in a glass case, like preserving memories.

I love this series, as i loved the old one too. I agree with the posts asking WTF is Boy Georges' deal?!? Seriously, i don't mind him in his little hat and whatnot, but this is totally unncessary.

Michael Ian Black kills me. His humor is so dry and simplistic. I've watched "Ed" for years now and he never ceases to make me laugh. "The State" was great too...."What do you have for me? "A Martini?" "A Martini? I wanna dip my balls in it!!!" Man, that show was great. (and mods, the phrase balls doesn't mean what you think it means. )
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

have any of these topics been covered in either the ILT80 or ILT80SB?
    - "Herb" from Burger King
    - TV shows Misfits of Science, MacGyver, Sledgehammer!, Police Squad!, or ALF.
    - Crystal Pepsi
    - Chicken fried steaks
    - Zubaz prints
    - Hats with flaps on the back
    - Pork rinds
    - Velcro on shoes
    - Ben Johnson on steroids

Just curious.
    80's strikes back points out that velcro was introduced on shoes in 81.

macgyver was covered in the original (85) as was ALF (86) don't recall any of the others being mentioned.

They're ping-pong balls, from "Louie, the guy who comes in and says his catchphrase over and over". Great series.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Ugh! I work for Pepsi and even i know that Crystal Pepsi was pretty nutty. There are a few cans of that still back at the Pepsi plant in a glass case, like preserving memories.
    Can you send me some!!!!!
    I loved the Crystal Pepsi!!!!!!!-no joke, I miss it so bad.
    The summer of 1993 I was eating Whatchmacallit bars and drinking Crystal Pepsi all summer long!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!