Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I love the 80s Strikes Back

Man when you couldn't think that Boy George could get any weirder......

I was pleased that they have done this since there was so much they didn't cover in the first one. Smurfs, Flash Gordon, Plastic Man etc, it was great. I was laughing my arse off. That Michael Ian Black gets me every time.
    I didn't know the Grey Poupon commercial was on that late back then.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

This is a great series. I'm constantly laughing. It's like getting together with some of your old high school buddies and sitting around drinking talking about the good ol' days. Good stuff, I'm glad they decided to revisit the 80's.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Yeah, it should only be on a couple dozen more times before I start to throw my arms up and scream, "What about the music videos!!"

I haven't checked in to VH1 lately.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Well, I saw the year 83 yesterday. Did anyone else see it? I was watching to see if they had a blurb about ROTJ. Unfortunatly I fell asleep during the middle segment. I just want to know if I should watch it again. Also I cought the last 20 minutes of 1980. No ESB coverage in that time.

They didn't cover ROTJ in the last one did they?
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Ya know, I used to think Marilyn Manson was the scariest person in music, but now it's Boy George? I think that the Gilbert Godfried What the #*$&! of the Series should be Boy George.

And yes, they covered ESB in 1980, and ROTJ in 1983, the first time. They made a HUGE deal about Liea in ROTJ. (I wonder why? )

I especially like the "Donal Logue's unfinished rambilngs" segments. I'm laughing, and liking this one more than the origional. (But I also like ESB better than Star Wars too.)
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire

I like that part where they're making fun of it all, I LOVE THE 30s strikes back.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrogant Arse

And yes, they covered ESB in 1980, and ROTJ in 1983, the first time. They made a HUGE deal about Liea in ROTJ. (I wonder why? )
    I know they covered both ESB and ROTJ in their perspective year slots the first timew around, but I was wondering about this current series. And yes, Boy George is freaky and I guess that's what he can do since he still has money from the "Culture Club" days. Do I really want to hurt you? If you come anywhere near me, you better believe it.

The better bring up a few omitted things like Press Your Luck, Phil Collins, Billy Joel, Voltron, or a few movies like One Crazy Summer, or Better Off Dead. I could understand if they left them off the original 80's special, with only an hour to cover a whole year. But to omit some of these, this time around would be sinful.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    I know they covered both ESB and ROTJ in their perspective year slots the first timew around, but I was wondering about this current series. And yes, Boy George is freaky and I guess that's what he can do since he still has money from the "Culture Club" days. Do I really want to hurt you? If you come anywhere near me, you better believe it.
    I'm Sorry Boba, I missed your point, no they didn't cover ESB or ROTJ this time around. I think that the first series was like "A List" items. This is like "B List" items. Examples: the first time they talked about Star Wars, this time they talked about Star Trek. The first time they talked about Raiders of the Lost Ark, this time, Conan the Barbarian. The first time they talked about "Members' Only" jackets, this time, Satin jackets. Etc.

AA
    B.M.D. 2/29-4/22 Remembered, Loved, and Missed -ALWAYS

Me fail english??? That's un-possible

Hello......My name is Boba Fett......You killed my father.......Prepare to Die!! -Boba Fett to Mace Windu in Star Wars
    Episode 3 - Return of the Princess Bride

Still Hatin' the Evil Empire