View Poll Results: Presently, how do you think you'll feel about Episode 3?

Voters
573. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think it will be my favorite SW movie!

85 14.83%
  • I think it will be better than some of the Star Wars movies.

208 36.30%
  • I think it will be on par with the rest of the prequel movies.

178 31.06%
  • Things I've seen or heard make it sound awful already.

47 8.20%
  • Undecided or I've heard nothing about it yet.

55 9.60%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

At present, how do you think you'll feel about Episode 3?

There's no spoilers allowed in this thread.

The new movie is about a year and 7 months away.

Some of you have read the spoilers, and some of you know only what Lucasfilm's determined is O.K. to let leak.

Still, others of you have just been unable to not speculate on what the movie will bring, knowing nothing but the information you have from having seen Episodes 4, 5, and 6.

Finally, many of you have opinions about where the Star Wars saga has traveled with the hindsight of having seen Episodes 1 and 2.

At this time, how do you expect to feel about Episode 3?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I've heard some crazy stuff and if it is real I think it will be on par with the rest of sequels despite what we know about a certain characters apperance that I'm really looking forward to.

If what I heard on TFN is not true then I think we are in for one heck of a movie.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

I think there should be an "undecided" catagory in thr poll. I have no clue if it will be better, the same, or worse than the other Star Wars films. I try to avoid reading anything about the next film, so I have no opinion on the subject, therefore I am undecided.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Angry

I think Episode 3 will be awful, regardless of whether all the rumors are true or not. Lucas is more concerned with visuals than telling a compelling story and these new films are suffering because of it. Look at it this way: everyone's chief complaint about Episode 1 was the inclusion of Jar Jar. So Jar Jar barely appeared in Episode 2 and it was STILL sub-par. And the reason for that is these new films lack what made the original films (notice I said "original" and not "Special Editions") so wonderful: a great and timeless story, memorable dialogue, and character development. What's more, the visuals look way too clean and computer generated, which is pathetic coming from a man who once said CGI should be used as a tool to achieve what filmmakers otherwise could not. You mean to tell me Jar Jar couldn't have been a guy in a costume? Or the Clones? Even the behind-the-scenes material pales in comparison to the original films! I remember being fascinated as a child learning how they filmed the Battle of Hoth. Now all Lucas has to say is, "Every element in this shot—other than Obi-Wan's ear and Padme's left breast—is CGI." It's really sad, considering how incredible the story of the fall of Anakin Skywalker could have been. Instead, Lucas has only succeeded in raping my inner child. I'm left wondering if he conceived the original trilogy by accident—Or maybe it was those darn Midichlorians...

I agree whole-heartedly, one hundred percent with what Angellus said. I used to be a complete Star Wars freak, but not so much now, and it can be directly blamed on the prequels. I know there are some of you out there who think that Lucas can do no wrong, because that's how I felt for a long time. But the bottom line is that the prequals have completely destroyed what could have been the ultimate saga. Thanks Uncle George for taking our money and leaving us with a big steaming pile on our door step. The acting in these movies is AWEFUL. Especially both Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen were the worst actors I have seen put in such major roles. Looks like Georgie decided to put all his money in the CG than in talented actors. Making the movies 95% CG was the worst thing Lucas could have done. And the sad part is that it's not even good CG. Look at the Lord of the Rings movies, now there's some good CG. He should have been more loyal to what the fans wanted instead of making an ILM test reel that's 2+ hours long. I used to collect the Star Wars figures as well, but now I just don't want to, I just keep checking this site to see what's coming out, but I no longer have any intention to buy because they're just not worth it. SHAME ON YOU GEORGE LUCAS FOR GIVING THE FINGER TO YOUR FANS AND RUINING SOMETHING WE LOVED!!

why did stillakid register two new user names to post the above two replies? ...........just joking stilla!

I am undecided,but voted it will be about par with the prequels,possibly a bit better.If I think of the prequels as a scale of good-to-bad,with TPM equalling bad,AOTC equalling so-so..my theory is E3 should be better

Instead, Lucas has only succeeded in raping my inner child.
    Better call the cops,thats a felony
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Well, I am looking foward to it. It will be our last SW movie.I hope he doesnt shatter all expectations.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

While the first two prequels were somewhat disappointing to me, I remain optimistic that G.Lu will be able to crank out a decent finale. The potential is there for EP3 to be the best of the six, but it will only turn out that way if 1) he takes constructive criticism on his storywriting like he had with EP4 and EP5, 2) doesn't surround himself exclusively with yes men, and 3) makes the movie fun like the first (or should I say last) three were.

I've stayed away from spoilers so I don't know what all is purportedly happening, but G.Lu needs to make the story and action fun and thrilling. Heck, ESB was dark but it was exciting and had a thriller edge to it.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

There will be a lot more left undone than i had thought before Phantom Menace came out. I thought the Saga would be nearly completeonce these three movies were complete. EI nearly nothing happened (anakin shows up, and the sith are uncovered). EII more happened, but still just the beginning of the clone wars. The cartoons will help stretch that war out (as the books and comics do now). I don't know where EIII will end (will we have twins?)... but there should still be about 20 years in between EIII and EIV... leaves a lot of room for good novels... cartoons or even a tv series...

I think EIII COULD be the best of the saga, but I doubt it will. I think there will be too many explosions and battles... and not enough head games like the original three (let's torture Leia and blow up her home world and kill Luke's family... then we torture and freeze Han and tell Luke who daddy is... then finally we have the face of of father v. son) EIII has the potential to be the most tragic, and most psychologically disturbing (at least for the characters) of the saga... let's hope it is.
    Skeeziks22