Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What do you do when someone doesn't send you what you paid for?

What do you do when someone doesn't send you what you paid for? I had been doing some business with a member from the SSG boards who went by the screen name Darthvader7677. He hasn't posted here since sometime in June. His last post was about his selling some of his Star Wars collection. He works at Disney in California, and was able to get me the first 6 Star Tours figures. He sent them, which is great. I offered to buy 2 of his complete galaxy sets, and sent him a money order for $40. Since then he has sent me nothing. At first he was responding to my e-mails, but now I don't hear a thing. The last time he wrote he apologized for keeping me waiting, and that he would send me the next three Star Tours figures for along with the 2 items I had paid for. Then, "Boom" he seemed to have vanished off the face of the Earth. I have his home mailing address, do you think I should send this guy a letter? Is there a way to test if he his e-mail account is still active? Maybe he switched from AOL to Yahoo, and just didn't inform me. What would you do? Anyone in a similar boat? Thanks in advance!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I would continue to email him and since you do have his mailing address yes I would send him a letter. If you cannot reach him through the email then utilize the info you have on him. When you send him a letter in the mail he may throw it away or ignore it, but at least you have made an effort to get in touch with him. If that doesn't work then you may just have to take the loss. That is the problem with doing deals on the internet. Anyone who uses ebay knows that it is just a part of the business. Unfortunately not everyone is honest, and it costs those who aren't responsible. My advice to you is to go ahead and send him that letter, and email him some more. Chances are he is indeed busy and hasn't checked his email. If you send a letter in the mail he should get that and then maybe he can get the deal right with you. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I hope so to, I don't like feeling burned. I trusted this guy as he came through with the first six Star Tours figures for me, in mint condition I might add. He also didn't charge me more than what he paid for them, which I respected. I mean he gave me the employee price on them. I really hate talking bad about someone on the boards. I will write him, and hopefully it's just a cross up in the e-mail.

Depending on how stern you want to be with this guy, you could send the letter registered mail or with a delivery confirmation. Then you could be certain he received it.

Another option is if you still don't get a response is file a mail fraud report on him. It would be a last resort, but would be the next course of action to get your money back.

Good luck. I myself am in the middle of a trade with another SSG member. There's a lot of trust that is extended when doing sales or trades with people you've never met in person.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Recently I have been troubled with alot of deadbeat bidders on ebay. I have one particular auction that closed about 3 weeks ago and I still have yet to receive payment for my item. I have sent reminders twice and yesterday I sent an email asking him to at least communicate with me (it's bad when you have to beg; not for the money but just for a response). Anyway he will be getting some serious negative feedback if I don't have that money by Monday.
    We all feel your pain.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yeah, I was going to recommend a look at the "Amy Bad Seller" thread from a while back for suggestions on what to do. I'd also point out how it ended, too.

JF96- The most important part of a trade/sale for me is the communication. I wouldn't have waited 3 weeks to post negative feedback.

Good luck to you both! Let us know if we need to dust off the pitchforks!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Well, I wrote this guy a letter via snail mail. I attached copies of the responses he sent me. I was polite as not to make him angry at me since it could be that he no longer uses the e-mail address I had for him. Now I'll just have to wait to see what he does.

I would make a thread of this on the feedback forum too since that is where most people will see this and know if anyone else who has dealt with him.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I mentioned it there in the "trusty traders" section. I don't often go there, and the member who did this, hasn't posted here on SSG since June.

Well, I wrote this guy a letter via snail mail, mentioned that if I didn't hear from him that I would be filing Mail Fraud charges. He should be getting that letter, if he hasn't recieved it already. I'll keep you posted.