Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Episodes VII-IX rumored to be "possibility"!

Posted at DarkHorizons.com on Monday, October 20th 2003:

Star Wars: Episodes 7-9: Rumours of George Lucas following up his original trilogy with another down the track have been around for years - some were solid information, most were just wishful thinking. As a result unless something solid comes through on them I'm not touching speculation on the topic with a ten foot pole. Well today came word which whilst not solid, is from an insider source whose regularly provided totally accurate intel so far for over two years on a variety of projects so I tend to take his word for it. If true, its also good news for fans let down by the prequels: "One of my pals at ILM told me a few days back that another trilogy 'might' happen. This is the sequel trilogy that Lucas said he'd never do. It's very very early days yet, but apparently there is some talk, even to the point of Mr Spielberg - who was interested in doing 'Clones' at one point - stepping in for Lucas, who may want to write, but probably won't want to direct. If Lucas doesn't they'll probably work out a deal for say Frank Darabont to pen (ala the current "Indiana Jones IV" arrangement). This one would be the three films following Return of the Jedi, Han Solo, Skywalker, post-Darth etc. How hard of a time are they going to have on their hands getting some of those original players! ha ha! finally a fitting use for CGI hey? The deal is everyone wants the sequels, except Lucas, who is apparently exhausted [Personally I'd say studio pressure]. If Spielberg directs, it could be ok. Better than those terrible prequel movies". Thanks to 'Wookie Walker.'
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

I really hope this isn't true. After Episode III the saga should be left as it is! The story is complete!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    I really hope this isn't true. After Episode III the saga should be left as it is! The story is complete!

PENDO!
    Oh but you know you'll you watch them..
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Nooooo! I have no room for another sequel worth of toy's! Why couldn't it just be stamps or coins that I collect. Vader Dies in Episode VI, end of story.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Oh but you know you'll you watch them..
    LOL, you're probably right, I would watch them , but it doesn't mean I'd have to like it.

IMO a movie shouldn't have a sequel unless it ends with an open narrative. All Star Wars movies ends with an open narrative except for ROTJ. Jedi closes the whole Star Wars story (from Eps 1 - 6) nicely, and any more of the story afterwards wouldn't seem to fit and would seem 'forced' just to make more money.

Just look at Terminator 3. Terminator 2 closed the whole Terminator narrative, and that's why T3 stunk!

Episode VII - IX is a BAAAAAAD idea !

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

LOL, you're probably right, I would watch them , but it doesn't mean I'd have to like it.
    Oh yea you will.....:happy:

Just look at Terminator 3. Terminator 2 closed the whole Terminator narrative, and that's why T3 stunk!
    WHAT!!!!
    T3 was the most incredibly awesome story. Yea some bad acting by the guy who played John Connor. But T3 had to be told. Too many unanswered questions in T2. T4 doesn't NEED to happen but I wanna see it.
    The next SW triliogy doesn't need to happen but I wanna see it too.:happy:
    If they get someone in there other than Lucas maybe it will good.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

T3 stunk!

Sorry, not true...

I do agree that a third trilogy would be stupid. What would it be about? Stupid EU adventures of Luke and Leia and Han and the gang? What makes them so special? Why not have another trilogy on the prequel characters? Or maybe some Old Republic stuff, back in the heyday of the Jedi?

It would have to be isolated, really. After all, the six movies are all about the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin, really, and it's told perfectly in the two trilogies.

A third trilogy would be superfluous.

I would like to see more Star Wars movies but agree with Pendo that anything past ROTJ wouldnt work out well. I would hate to see who they would get to play Han Solo and the rest of the original characters. And i doubt it would follow along with the EU books. Just leave it as it is GL!
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

There is already a third trilogy, IMHO:

Episode VII: Heir to the Empire
    Episode VIII: Dark Force Rising
    Episode IX: The Last Command

All by Timothy Zahn and available wherever books are sold!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    Oh yea you will.....:happy:

WHAT!!!!
    T3 was the most incredibly awesome story. Yea some bad acting by the guy who played John Connor. But T3 had to be told. Too many unanswered questions in T2. T4 doesn't NEED to happen but I wanna see it.
    The next SW triliogy doesn't need to happen but I wanna see it too.:happy:
    If they get someone in there other than Lucas maybe it will good.
    Holy smokes! How long has it been since you have seen T2. Everything that needed to be answered was answered. As a matter of fact T3 was very short, had little plot, and contradicted the plot T2 insanely which is a brilliant Cameron film. Now tell me how T3 has a good plot when it ruins the plot of T2 and also changes the history of T2. According to T2 what happened in T3 should not have happened. Even Cameron agrees who created the Terminator films. He did not direct T3 because he knew he completed the story. The only good thing about T3 is the special effects.

I really don't see a need for Episodes VII-IX, especially if Lucas was not involved. Sorry but they are Lucas's films and even if Spielberg did them they would not be the same.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.