Question customizing the Republic Gunship

Is there anyone who customized the Republic Gunship to fit the pilots inside? I didn't do it (and won't) but I'd like to know how is possible.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback

I don't know how likely this is to work, but the cockpit seats on the RGS are only a single plastic insert, you could unscrew the ship and remove the insert, then put in whatever you want. I just checked, while the front seat area might have enough room to house an AF figure, I don't think there's any way to get a figure in the gunner's seat unless you lay him down.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Could make your own AF 1:1 scale Republic Cruiser, might work then.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hi Sergiu.

You can try to find an old 1/72e kit of the Hind. The StarWars Republic Gunship was designed using the look of this heavy Anti-Tank Sovietcopter. Then you can make kitbashing to use the pilot seats and the figures.

Soviet attack helicopter MI-24/MI-35 "Hind" :
    http://www.daveswebshop.com/rmx04093.shtml
    http://www.airforce-technology.com/p...ind/hind2.html
    http://www.airforce-technology.com/p...ind/hind1.html
    http://www.daveswebshop.com/rmx04013.shtml

Eh up

I just customized an AF Gunship.

I painted the Christmas baubles on the sides of it to make it look a bit more realistic (although I did try to take them off to put a clone in each - unsuccessful though - too flimsy and I didn't want to break them).

I also customised a few MM stromtroopers by painting their helmets white and drawing the clone mask features on - also painted a few with red markings to make clone commanders - reasonably OK - although obviously can't do much about the shape of the helmets.

Also did a couple of custom clone pilots - with yellow stripes on their helmets. Even using micro figures, I had to chop their legs off to make them fit in - an AF figure would NEVER fit into the seats (so I now presume that figures were never meant to be placed in this vehicle).

Also made a few custom Jedi from some of Tommos swpas - placed a light sabre in Ki-Adi-Mundis hand, repainted a Luke brown in an attempt to make a Mace Windu and also made a Trandoshan Jedi.

Anyway - I am quite happy with the results - have a looksy.

Cheerio

BC3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone4.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	7037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	7038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone2.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	7039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clone3.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	7040  

Pretty slick! The pilots seem like they're napping though. Are they laying down? It looks like it in the pic, and it seems like even without legs that'd be the only way they'd fit. Darn Hasbro!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Pretty slick! The pilots seem like they're napping though. Are they laying down? It looks like it in the pic, and it seems like even without legs that'd be the only way they'd fit. Darn Hasbro!
    Yeah - the pilots do look kinda relaxed.

As they are MM and not AF figs, there is no articulation in the legs/hips, so they lat across the seats.

As I say - there is no way that cockpit was ever designed for AF figs - it's tiny.

Cheerio

BC3

I think they look pretty cool! I like especially the lateral transparent turrets that are painted now
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    MY COLLECTIONS
    My trade feedback