Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

STAR QUIZ - The Empire Strikes Back

From the Topps, picture card series 2 - The Empire Strikes Back.
    Copyright 1980.

Question: Let's begin our "Star Quiz" with a question so easy you'd have to be living on Dagobah your whole life not to know the answer. Put simply: who is "the force" behind the Star Wars movies; Who created them?

STARTING NEXT CARD...
    Look for "STAR QUIZ" answers in this space!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	144a.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	6912   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	144b.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	6913  
    plasticfetish.net

George Lucas, Gloria Katz, Willard Huyck, Gary Kurtz, Gilbert Taylor, Richard Chew, John Barry, Leslie Dilley, Norman Reynolds, Roger Christian, John Mollo, Rick Baker, Stuart Freeborn, John Dykstra and co., etc etc etc....

HOLY MOLY!!!!!

I had those cards!!!!
    I wonder if they are somewhere if my mom stashed them or threw them away after becoming wrinkled raveled.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

I'll see if my powers of memory can allow me to recall any questions from these classic cardboard captions...
    Nope. I'll just cheat and find one by looking at it.
    This is from the next card, #145: "Question: When and where do the STAR WARS adventures take place?"
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Thank You Mr. Bel-Cam Jos for pushing the STAR QUIZ forward ...
    With the excitement level being what it is for STAR QUIZ, I apologize for being absent and not moving things along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I'll see if my powers of memory can allow me to recall any questions from these classic cardboard captions...
    Nope. I'll just cheat and find one by looking at it.
    Of course it's perfectly acceptable to reference your own card collection ... as there is no such thing as "cheating" when it comes to STAR QUIZ. The answers may be gotten by any means necessary ... though, I don't think we ever got a perfectly accurate answer to the last question. The win will go to stillakid though, mentioned within his long list of names was the simple and correct answer to the question ...

Answer to Star Quiz on card no. 144
    George Lucas

Remember there's no such thing as cheating, but answers should be exact ... and so we will move on to card #145, as Bel-Cam said ...

QUESTION: When and where do the STAR WARS adventures take place?
    See answer on card 146

Name:	145b.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	6943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	145a.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	33.8 KB 
ID:	6944  
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    QUESTION: When and where do the STAR WARS adventures take place?
    See answer on card 146
    sigh, I was merely trying to make a political point and give credit where it's due.

In any case, the answer to this question, Alex, is: What is, "in a galaxy far far away"? I'll wager Eleventy billion trillion dollars.

No ... check the answer as printed on the back of the card.
    This one's gonna be a trick question ...
    (hee)

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    sigh...
    I know (just kidding around) but, that's what's so funny about the "Star Quiz" and stuff like this in general ... in 1980, for a bunch of 7 to 12 year olds, this was serious stuff. It's what I love about the old Topps cards in general. I remember carrying a stack of these cards around with me for years really. It was a way to carry the movies around in your back pocket. We'd sit and study the pictures looking for details that we'd missed when watching the films on the big screen.

Note on that first card, the great selection of droids ... one of which (supposedly) we just got in that Hoth set.

Name:	144a_dtl.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	38.4 KB 
ID:	6945  
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    No ... check the answer as printed on the back of the card.
    This one's gonna be a trick question ...
    (hee)

I know (just kidding around) but, that's what's so funny about the "Star Quiz" and stuff like this in general ... in 1980, for a bunch of 7 to 12 year olds, this was serious stuff. It's what I love about the old Topps cards in general. I remember carrying a stack of these cards around with me for years really. It was a way to carry the movies around in your back pocket. We'd sit and study the pictures looking for details that we'd missed when watching the films on the big screen.

Note on that first card, the great selection of droids ... one of which (supposedly) we just got in that Hoth set.

Oh, man, now I gotta dig those out of the closet.

Remember when you could get a "sleeve" of ESB cards (3 packs) for like a buck? The good ol' days.

OK. C'mon ... someone must have the answer to this STAR QUIZ.
    (No?)
    plasticfetish.net

Your painful silence tells me that the last STAR QUIZ was just too difficult. OK. I'll give you this one ...

Answer to "STAR QUIZ" of card no. 145
    A long time ago in a galazy far, far away

See, that was a tricky one ... a "galazy" far, far away ... uh-huh.
    So then, on to your "STAR QUIZ" for card #146 ...

QUESTION: What is Princess Leia's last name?

Name:	146a.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	7025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	146b.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	7026  
    plasticfetish.net