Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: R1 & its Jawa

R1 & its Jawa

I read that a pre-order has this listed as "Jawa and R1-G4."

Good news! Anybody know which Jawa they'll pack in with the droid? My hope is for the CTC version, though the 3 POTF2 sculpts are pretty good, in my opinion.

Big ol' R1 is gonna look SWEET towering over my Jawa clan! Unfortunately, he may not fit in the upcoming Sandcrawler...

The news that this figure is coming with a Jawa just amazed me.

I mean, can things seriously get any better than this?

Of all the droids released, this is the one that I would argue needs no such pack-in figure. (Not that I'm complaining! Merely saying that R1 is no tiny little Astro droid. ) Yep, this is just awesome! If it has to be a re-issue then I pray it is indeed the Comtech Jawa --- it's definitely the best. Second choice would be the Jawa that came with the Beast Pack way back when. (I never got that one, so no legs flaw aside --- at least it is still a different sculpt. For my collection.)

Then again, maybe Hasbro will REALLY surprise us all and give us an all new Jawa figure. (One they could get extra milege out of by packing it with the Sandcrawler as well.) Stranger things have happened.

I simply can't wait to see carded pics so the mystery will be solved.

PS --- Hey, the new Sandcrawler will be small. But NOT that small! Besides, I am already bracing myself for all the people who will whine that R1-G4 is not big enough. But watch the film again. He really doesn't appear to be that much more larger than, say, FX-7.

Yeah the fact that we're getting another Jawa is great but it would be nice if it was a new sculpt. Am I the only one who wants the tall Jawa seen outside the Sandcrawler in ANH?
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Yeah the fact that we're getting another Jawa is great but it would be nice if it was a new sculpt. Am I the only one who wants the tall Jawa seen outside the Sandcrawler in ANH?
    No, you sure aren't.

I think a lot of people have brought this up in previous threads.

Frankly, it seems to me to be a very distinct possibility that the Tall Jawa will come with either R1-G4 or the Sandcrawler. How else is there really to differentiate them other than height? Heck, the Tall Jawa is more than likely IMOP. I know, I know, in all probability the companion Jawa will just be a re-issue. But did anybody expect to get an all new Jawa with the Gonk a fews years bacK? I sure didn't.

With the focus on Collectors for the next year, I think that Hasbro might just really surprise us!

Quote Originally Posted by mark2d2
    The news that this figure is coming with a Jawa just amazed me.

I mean, can things seriously get any better than this?
    Not to burst your bubble, but can Hasbro really make a great figure with a good packin too, and then at a reasonable price? Right now, I am skeptical. I bet the Jawa will be made of chocolate or paper or something else to offset the cost.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

MAN OH MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR GOOD OLD R1!!!! I hope the other Droids follow his release!! Oh and I can care less about another Jawa. I just want R1 and more of them. I mean Jawas don't look that much different from each other and there's no need for hasbro to make a new one. I rather them put the effort into new figures we have not yet seen in plastic.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I figure were getting another droid and Jawa so it cant be bad at all. I would prefer the commtech Jawa but wont deny that the tall one would rock. Any guesstimates on how large the Sandcrawler will be or what other ship its size compares to? It would be a shame if it couldnt hold at least four Jawas and a couple of droids.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    LOL. "Tall" looks funny on jawas. I think a freakishly tall jawa would be cool too. I'll have him playing soccer with that magnet tusken head.
    Kitik Keed'kaks for everyone.

A Jawa and R1

You see boys and girls dreams come true!

NOW WHERE'S THE SANDCRAWLER!!!!!!!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    Any guesstimates on how large the Sandcrawler will be or what other ship its size compares to? It would be a shame if it couldnt hold at least four Jawas and a couple of droids.
    The Sandcrawler prototype photos that we've seen is a retooled vintage version with a smashing new paint job. (You should be able to find this pic by searching through older threads. Sorry, I am no good with links.) But in answer to your question --- it will more than accommodate all the passengers you've suggested.