View Poll Results: Should the Original Trilogy cast be recalled to make SW Sequels?

Voters
693. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, taking place after ROTJ, with the original cast; not EU related.

267 38.53%
  • Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Jacen and Jaina Solo.

50 7.22%
  • Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Ben Skywalker.

24 3.46%
  • Yes, making movies out of Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire series.

84 12.12%
  • Yes, but make movies out of other released Star Wars novels, like NJO.

13 1.88%
  • Yes, but make movies with the OT cast in the chronology, but of new ideas before NJO so Chewie can return.

39 5.63%
  • Yes, but make them cartoons with the cast just doing the voices.

15 2.16%
  • No, instead tell tales in between Episodes 3 and 4, during the height of the Empire.

32 4.62%
  • No, make Prequels before TPM, and much earlier than that.

22 3.17%
  • No, I want a new film to take place far into the future, with all new characters.

34 4.91%
  • No, let Episode 3 be the last movie. Look towards TV, or nothing.

113 16.31%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Should the Original Trilogy cast be recalled to make SW sequels?

This one is sure to be a whopper.

Rumors have always been around that there will be a sequel trilogy for Star Wars -that is movies after Return of the Jedi, the fabled episodes 7,8,& 9.

Lucas has said that SW is about the rise and fall of ANAKIN Skywalker told in E1-6.

Star Wars is as popular as ever with whole new generations into it.

Some old school fans claim to be very disappointed with the new SW movies.

Expanded Universe books, comics, cartoons, and video games have been carefully licensed to tell ONE on-going history for the SW universe dating from 25,000 years before ANH, to over 30 years afterwards.

Han Solo and Princess Leia had three children, all Jedi, the twins Jaina and Jacen (about 22 years old now) and Anakin Solo, killed at about age 19.

Chewbacca was killed in action over 5 years ago in the EU chronology from its furthest point in the SW future.

Luke Skywalker married Mara Jade, and they have one son, Ben Skywalker, about 3 years old now.

Probably millions of dollars have been invested in this continuity by the fans, and it has been depended upon by science fiction authors as reknowned as Timothy Zahn, Michael Stackpole, James Luceno, Bob Salvatore, Ann Crispin, Troy Denning, Matthew Stover, Jude Watson, John Ostrander, Aaron Allston, Kevin J. Anderson, and more. George Lucas had laid out guidelines for what would be allowed, and has designated special staff members like LFL's Chris Cerasi to make sure stuff stays in line with what Lucas is intending, and nothing contradicts with the films.

All kinds of possibilities exist for Star Wars to see more motion pictures in the future.

This poll is about what YOU would want.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I voted: "Yes, taking place after New Jedi Order, also starring Jacen and Jaina Solo."

I could live with their being nothing but the comics and books, but just in case, I think it'd be good to vote for something, as the OT cast is still capable of doing 3 more films.

Here's why:

I'd like to see Jaina Solo and Jacen Solo in their prime. They would be the same age as Luke and Leia were in the OT and Anakin and Padme were in the PT. They'd play the new band of heroes very well.

Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill are all able to reprise their roles as Han, Leia, and Luke Skywalker, at their exact ages they are now.

After NJO, Han should be entering his 60's, and Luke and Leia, should be entering their 50's.

With physical conditioning, make-up, and some readjusting to their old roles, they are perfect for pulling it off, and they'd remain the only actors to play their characters in major features.

The younger audience can identify with the Solo kids as major characters, and EU fans will get to see Mara (Jade) Skywalker in action, as well as the return of the New Jedi Order.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

According to the last thing that Lucas ever told Mark Hammil about a possible 7,8,9 would be that Luke would be the only main returning character. Other then the two droids of course. Basically he'd be taking the 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' role in the new films, rebuilding the Jedi Order. I think that's the best idea if they ever do anything like this. So basically I can't choose anything on the poll, really. Since it would be an all new cast, with a returning character, and the droids.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Hmm, my first choice is 9 because my faith in George's ability to create has slipped significantly in the past few years.

Having said that, in a perfect world I'd prefer choice 1. That is, if it were done correctly. We can argue over what that means some other time.

JarJar: I think this is what you want to vote for:

"No, I want a new film to take place far into the future, with all new characters."

The droids were never main characters, and Luke as a very old man would not be either. Therefore we'd need a whole new cast for hero characters to represent the young generation of the new Star Wars.

Stillakid, feel free to discuss your Luke vs. Leia ideas here, as it could gain the largest exposure for your highly original ideas and be a valuable angle for this discussion to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Stillakid, feel free to discuss your Luke vs. Leia ideas here, as it could gain the largest exposure for your highly original ideas and be a valuable angle for this discussion to explore.

Oy, did I post them somewhere else so I can cut and paste?

I'd rather a new movie not be made, but if it was I hope the original cast is called up for it.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

If they do make sequels, they should recall the cast and do Heir to the Empire.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I chose the first one. It would be somewhat difficult to come up with a whole new set of movies for the timeline after ROTJ and not interfere with the already set EU. I am thinking something more like just before NJO where we would still the aging of the charachters. I still feel the movies need to retain their cannon status if done with GL in the captain's chair. EU refs are okay but would rather not have them on this posistion. A triliogy in between 3 and 4 would be very excellent too. I would like to see them do alot of the EU stuff in movie form but don't really see that as a plausible goal since I want to see all of them. The pure CGI movie route with the actors' voices would be more practical like for SOTE because of the actor's age and salary.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Jeez Tycho, there's as many choices as there are votes right now.

As much as I'd love to see sequel ideas like the one I had about the "Leia trilogy" come to pass, I no longer have confidence in Lucas making a decent film anymore and couldn't take another sub-quality SW film.

If my idea for the "Leia trilogy" came about, I'd want to see it borrow from some EU but not try to adhere to it, this would be a new path on the SW timeline.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.