Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wal-Mart's bakery cakes are junk.

They taste like processed whipped styrofoam. Cake and frosting.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Meh I have had better and worse. Got one for the kids B-day and it was ok, nothing to write mom about though.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    They taste like processed whipped styrofoam. Cake and frosting.
    And you were expecting it to taste great? It was made in a bakery alright, like a bakery in Asia where they use processed whipped styrofoam. So you got what you paid for!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I like Walmart doughnuts (specifically sprinkled ones) but i dont recall hating the cake i ate from there. So did you get your cake with a Star Wars design on it?
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by kool-aid killer
    I like Walmart doughnuts (specifically sprinkled ones) but i dont recall hating the cake i ate from there. So did you get your cake with a Star Wars design on it?
    Nope, it was for my Grandparents 80th birthday with pretty little flowers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafrett
    And you were expecting it to taste great? It was made in a bakery alright, like a bakery in Asia where they use processed whipped styrofoam. So you got what you paid for!
    No I thought it was buttercream frosting. And I didn't know it was a WM cake at first. Yea and they do come in frozen into the WM bickery, I know because I have unloaded them before.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Man, I though this thread would be some kind of sarcastic joke, from the title.....

Is there anything on the packaging that says "harmful if chewed or swallowed"??
    Then they could make the cake out of whatever(I have no doubt styrofoam is preferred).....

I sure hope mcdonalds gourmet coffee is better than walmart's fresh-baked cakes!!!!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Eh,The cakes are okay.I've tasted much worseI've discovered having WM put Cherry Filling into the cake,it cuts down on the dryness of the cake mix itself.Still,its not the best tasting in the world.

It could also have been because whatever cake size you bought isnt used much,like a full sheet instead of a half or so.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Of the four WalMarts in my area, NONE of them have a bakery. This is the first I've heard of this, although I'm certain that if I did happen upon a WalMart with a bakery that I would not be making any pastry purchases there.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay

Of the four WalMarts in my area, NONE of them have a bakery. This is the first I've heard of this, although I'm certain that if I did happen upon a WalMart with a bakery that I would not be making any pastry purchases there.
    Are any of those SuperWM's. Some "SuperWM" don't have them though. There is a SuperWM in Knoxville, IA (25 miles east) of where I live. But it is the same size of our old store with a SuperWM crammed into it. It has everything we have except there is no bakery, deli, Vision Center or Tire Lube Express. Not sure if it has a Pharmacy, probably not. Some SuperWM(Supercenters) have a seperate fish meat market counter. Others have an appliance center and some are getting into used cars. Those are probably the Hypermarts though. As for the pastries, the donuts are real good. Just the whipped frosting and regular cake is bad. Oh and Iowa is home to the smallest WM in the world. The town of Pella which is in the same county as Knoxville, IA about 30 miles NE of it. They even close on Sundays. Because the town won't allow it. A very strict Protestant community.

If you don't have a SuperWM it is because the area you live in will not allow it. I know in the greater Chicago area there is only regular WMs because the JEWEL grocery chain is dominant for that commerce.
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffziller
    It has everything we have except there is no bakery, deli, Vision Center or Tire Lube Express.
    Ewww, a Wal-Mart deli. That idea makes me a bit sick.
    Back and more bearded than ever before