Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Re: 24 Season 3 (merged)

I was also disappointed with the last episode. Got to hand it to Chase though. That axe action was pretty good. Didn't see that one coming until I realized the clamp was built on to the unit and wasn't a handcuff.

I'll miss Sherry Palmer and the Prez. I don't see him coming back. If they couldn't have him have significant involvement in the main plot then what good is he being a civilian? (Mr. Ex-President, your golf balls have been tampered with. We'll need Jack Bauer and CTU to examine them for bounciness.)

I actually missed the dialogue after the vial blowup in the fridge due to a phone call. What was being called in to Jack on his cell phone at the very end?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    I actually missed the dialogue after the vial blowup in the fridge due to a phone call. What was being called in to Jack on his cell phone at the very end?
    The call was from an anonymous agent asking for assistance with an interrogation but the conversation itself wasn't really pertinent to the overall story. I think the call was just a way of illustrating just how busy Jack is and because of that he hadn't really had a chance to process the events of the last 24 hrs.

I agree about the episode being a bit of a disappointment but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The whole Palmer plot ended up as being no more than a parallel storyline that wasn't as interesting as the virus threat IMO. There really wasn't as much sacrifice as I'd had hoped for but all of the deaths of major players in the episodes leading up to this makes up for that I suppose. Chase losing his hand was rather cool and really played off the strengths of the shows unpredictability.

Overall a great season even if the previous 2 were better and I still consider it to be one of the best shows on television today.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I remember the other thing that was bugging me: Where was Assassin Girl? I was sooo waiting for her to show up and do something cool at the end like in Season 2. It would have been awesome to have her show up at the end and do something to Jack or some other major character.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'll miss Sherry Palmer and the Prez. I don't see him coming back
    reports are, only jack will be back next year....all the other actors(palmer, chase, michelle, tony) have been notified their services are not needed. the show is supposed to be set somewhere else besides LA and CTU.........and the show's not coming back untill january of 2005.

I suppose starting the series in Janurary makes sense if you plan on running them without any repeats. Last season started a little later than the majority of the Fall lineup and we still had that huge month long gap in March and a few others. I'd rather have the show run a close to 24 straight weeks without interruption as possible.

As for the rest of the cast not returning, I'm cool with that. Having Jack on a special operations mission apart from CTU or something like it might be the right direction if the producers intend to keep the series fresh.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Well in addition to starting in January the show is now going to be moved to Monday nights.

Well, I just watched the final episode.My new job training has me working to midnight so I have been sleeping and working all week.

It was overall a good episode.CHase getting his wrist chopped off was great. Didnt see it coming. Wouldof rather him died but at least reports say he isnt coming back.The president Palmer line was trash IMO. I will miss his character though and Tony's too. Hopefully if they do start in January, it will run straight through. They should leave it on Tuesday nights and not move to MOndays.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten