Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Gotta agree, started out with a bang. Body count of 2 in 15 minutes. I thought it was coke that he was gonna pull out.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I also thought it had something to do with his heart.

Palmer put out the best line ever in 24, especially for the first episode of the season when he said something like, "It's going to be one of those days." Classic.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

Well, I didn't dig this first ep of the season, it felt more like a soap opera than anything. Everybody's having a relationship with an issue, Jack's on drugs, Palmer has a disease, etc.. What next, Kim gets amnesia and joins the terrorists, Michelle gets kidnapped by a secret admirer, George Mason comes back after surviving the nuclear explosion, the president's new girlfriend is actually Nina Myers' twin sister...

Anyway, the main danger and villain on this season feel so bland and empty this time around, and the terrorist threat won't even follow through until after this day ends anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Well, I didn't dig this first ep of the season, it felt more like a soap opera than anything. Everybody's having a relationship with an issue, Jack's on drugs, Palmer has a disease, etc.. What next, Kim gets amnesia and joins the terrorists, Michelle gets kidnapped by a secret admirer, George Mason comes back after surviving the nuclear explosion, the president's new girlfriend is actually Nina Myers' twin sister...

Anyway, the main danger and villain on this season feel so bland and empty this time around, and the terrorist threat won't even follow through until after this day ends anyway.
    Oh come ON JT! You'e being way too melodramatic. It was nothing like a soap opera; just setting up the characters for the inevitable fall. It's feasible about Kim and Jack's partner and the Prez and his doc. Why not?

I too thought it was really good with the premise of putting a virus in coke. Hopefully many drug councilors will show this to their patients to get them scared straight about the evils of drug use.

The one thing I didn't like was that they didn't go into the impact of the attack on Palmer's life in great detail. Hopefully that will come up later. Plus that F-150 commercial really blew chunks. At least it was a small price to pay to watch it commercial-free.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    Plus that F-150 commercial really blew chunks. At least it was a small price to pay to watch it commercial-free.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Plus that F-150 commercial really blew chunks. At least it was a small price to pay to watch it commercial-free.
    i thought it would of been really cool if they had gotten donald sutherland in the ford commercial, as jack bauer, sr.

I agree with you guys about the heoin addiction, I liked it. What i didn't like though was the way Jack's relationship with Kate seems to have fallen apart. I would think that after 3 years that it would have progressed beyond that stage. It was played like they've only been dating for 6 months or so, like in real time.

Hated Kim's hair, and the way she hi-jacked the computer. Also hated the other computer guy.

Also, they didn't cover ow jack came back from the dead at end of season 2.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

It was nothing like a soap opera; just setting up the characters for the inevitable fall. It's feasible about Kim and Jack's partner and the Prez and his doc. Why not?
    And Tony & Michelle having to decide whether one or both goes to DC, and Jack & Kate having conveniently just broken up... hell, even the bad guy is having relationship problems! You just don't want to admit you're watching the guy'ed-up version of The Young & The Restless.

That is why I taped it and watched later.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh yeah! I totally hated the Palmer and doctor thing!

And if I were Michelle and Tony, we would both move out there, and one of us would get a diferent gov't job.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    Also, they didn't cover how jack came back from the dead at end of season 2.
    i thought they did. wasn't jack given an injection that restarted his heart?.......or did you mean palmer?
    Last edited by derek; 11-01-2003 at 10:01 PM.