Ayy Vida gets no bid

I got my second set of the new wave on Tuesday, and this group includes Bail Organa, the new Obi-Wan and Ayy Vida. Ayy Vida is probably the worst figure of the new wave. As a completest I do want all of the figures in the SW films made but Ayy Vida is just simply a boring figure. She comes with a cup and stool, and has articulated knees, and thats just about it. The figure unfortunately does not resemble the character in the film which had a little more personality than the fig. Also her Lekku tails hang to her back, even though they should hang upon her chest.

Here are the two mega letdowns though. 1st: The head of Ayy Vida is an exact duplicate of Oola. They shaved down the length of her tails slightly and took off two jewel points on her headdress. The nose is identical, the tail placement is identical, the eyes, chin, and every other curve is OOLA!!!!!!! So when you see this fig in the stores you will notice that the figures head is slightly too large for the body. Now you know why, it's a 1998 figure.

2nd: It was obvious that there is now a sculpter at hasbro who is obsessed with skin tight underwear. Like the Padme Wedding the sculpters paid more detail to Ayy's underwear line than they did her head. After sculpting the scandalous outfit, which makes you feel sorry for the fig. Just looking at her makes me feel like I left toilet paper somewhere! It's obvious that after the sculpt was finished Hasbro probably said NO WAY, and just took paint and slabbed it all over the figure in swirls and dual colors to combine the clothing and skin. Although the character in the film looks this way, you can notice her skin detail is a little different than her clothes.

This figure is terrible, both in quality and accuracy. Although I was not really excited about getting this figure I am a bit surprised they did not even make an effort to make this Twi'Lek girl slightly different than Oola. Just embarrasing!

I wanted show some pictures of these figs for you all to show you all the shocking simularities of Ayy and OOla. I did some head comparrison shots and out of 30 pictures these were the best 2. In the end the pics are failed attempts so sorry about that. No pictures this time!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ayy head comparison front.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	7.7 KB 
ID:	6970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ayy head comparison side.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	6971  
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Well, this is disappointing to read. Yet, I had noticed in the online pictures--even the ones at Hasbro's own site--that her head looked too large. Weren't all of these characters supposed to have been scanned by Gentle Giant? Would it really have broken Hasbro's production budget to use a scan of the actual actress in full Ayy Vida regalia instead of recycling an Oola head from 1998? I guess we're supposed to feel fortunate that they even bothered to give us a new body sculpt, huh?

Oh, and here are links to the Collector's Database shots of Oola and Ayy Vida, for better comparison.
    Ayy Vida
    Oola & Salacious Crumb
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

Thanks Darthzirock. What really gets me about this figure is the paint job, her body and outfit are a little different in color scheme, but hasbro just painted the whole body one same color.

I believe the reason this figure is rehash-central is because originally it wasn't meant to be a single-carded figure, it was supposed to be part of a Screen Scene pack with Obi-Wan Outlander Club and Elan Sleezbaggano.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Wheter it was meant for a screen scene or not the sculpt and paint is just crazy. I guess more folks will preach this when they see her. She is a tremendously bad job. Oh well, I'm a completist for loose figs, I can still say I'm glad they made her!

Though she's not terribly original I'm glad she was produced considering her limited screen time so I guess this figure falls into the category of didn't expect her to be made in the first place. Most of the paint applications I've seen on this figure have ranged from poor to downright terrible. It took me a while to find one I felt was worthy of being opened but they are out there. It would've been nice to see the outfit contrasting with her skin a bit more but the two did blend in the film so its not such a big deal to me. I guess since she is a background character I'm not being as critical but her faults don't seem to bother me enough to feel disappointed. Overall a welcome addition to my collection and I still like her even if she's not a standout figure.

Grade: C+
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I have to agree with the review - I took one look at this and ran for cover - this is a truly fugly figure and is of the lowest quality, even by a pack-in standard.

I would give this figure a 'D-' to good ol' 'F' in the rating department.

Ok, so I finally saw this figure in person at the store and was amazed, it's even crappier in person than I expected! This is one of those turkeys that shouldn't have been released at all. Makes me glad I'm not a completist anymore.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.