Finally a nice Obi-Wan

One of the more surprising figures of the new wave is Obi-Wan Kenobi Outlander Nightclub Encounter. He comes with a cup and another bar table piece which when put together with Elan's bar piece they look really nice. The sculpt of Obi-Wan is really nice with knee, elbows, arm joints (up and out), and wrist articulation. The figure is not super sculpt into a extreme pose, and is happily in a neutral pose. He only has two small errors that can be overlooked. The first is his lightsaber which is sculpted and painted poorly to his side. I would have much rather seen a lightsaber that could attatch to his belt like the Qui-Gonn/Obi Wan Naboo figures. His head is also a less superior sculpt than the Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase, and does not really look like Ewan. However it's a neutral pose, with great detail, and articulation. This Obi-Wan is a great surprise. Thank god, now we need a neutral Anakin!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Wish I could find one. Heck, I still haven't even found the Acklay Battle Obi-Wan wave yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaff
    Thank god, now we need a neutral Anakin!
    We already do. Secret Ceremony Anakin is as neutral as it can get, I think. Just take the ridiculous cloak off of him, and he's fine--with the exception of the way his human hand is molded.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Sith Lord 0498
    We already do. Secret Ceremony Anakin is as neutral as it can get, I think. Just take the ridiculous cloak off of him, and he's fine--with the exception of the way his human hand is molded.
    secret ceremony anakin is just a fair fig in my opinion. I really don't think he is a worthy figure based on the standard of figures we have seen in the past. His hand does not match anything in the movie preceding the wedding, so he is pretty much useless unless he's standing next to secret ceremony padme. A cloaked anakin is needed, a good one, with a neutral pose without flowing cape effects.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Well I hate to bash on Obi-Wan but to me this figure is average at best. Sure he's the best EPII rendition so far but that wasn't that hard to beat considering what he's up against. One big problem I have with this figure is the rubber lightsaber (yes RUBBER) thats permanently attached to his side like Jaff mentioned. My other problem is that he's so scene specific that useing him in other dioramas just looks silly due to his pointy finger and droopy sleeves. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair because I'm still waiting for an Obi-Wan figure that I can use for recreating other scenes but I still see room for improvement here. On the plus side though the head sculpt is a big improvement over previous releases and the bar piece w/glass are great accessorys.

Grade: C+
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Found this one today. I wish I was as happy with it as Jaff is, but I actually like Elan better, which is not a good sign.The head sculpt looks very little like Ewan, once again the facial hair is sculpted which makes it look too thick, Ewan had a heavy 5 o'clock shadow, not 2 years' growth. The head paint is sloppy as hell on mine, and the color is dead wrong. The right arm is permanently bent and has that wonky hand sculpt, an elbow joint or something else would have helped that. I don't mind the rubber permanent hilt on his hip too much, mine is well painted and sculpted, though I very much would have preferred a real accessory. I spoke too soon about the paint, because of the rubbery material the skirt is made out of, the black paint has already started coming off. Even with articulated knees and rotating boots, I'm having a really hard time finding a good standing pose for this figure - I think it's designed to be sitting on a stool or something, maybe even in the Ani Speeder (wouldn't that be nice?). The knee articulation is a little on the ugly side, but it's not that bad, and the boots are well painted although the left one has a bit of a gap at the articulation point (if these were easier to remove, I'd almost call the boots accessories ).

Ultimately, I probably would have liked the figure more if it had stayed in its 3pack, but Hasbro is wise for not releasing it that way. If I had to grade it, on a good day I'd give it a 2.5/5 and on a bad one it'd get a 2/5 and it'd be lucky to get even that .
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Obi-Wan is pretty good,a few complaints but it could have been worse.Is anyone having problems getting his bar and Elans section together?Mine had a gap,so I had to stick scotch tape in the back to hold it together.
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

My bar sections don't have a gap, but they refuse to stay together, if I force 'em they pop apart after a few moments. Poor tolerances and poor materials, I guess.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The head sculpt looks very little like Ewan, once again the facial hair is sculpted which makes it look too thick...
    Seems to me that his head is (always) smaller than the average figure's head. Instead of sculpting the actual skull size the same as any other, and then adding on the hair and beard ... they seem to size it with all of that hair and beard. Makes him look like he's got a shrunken head with a big old Kenny Rogers (or is it Barry Gibb) wig. Why they have to get as detailed with the hair texture I'll never understand.

But, I do like the figure well enough. Probably is one of the better Obi-Wan figures ... which isn't saying much. Kind of wonder how the rubber skirt will hold up over time though.
    plasticfetish.net