Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the problem, Hasbro?

What is the freaking PROBLEM?! Here were are at the tail end of October, in the fourth quarter of 2003, very near the end of the year, and I STILL have not seen a Saga figure newer than Pilot Jango or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

This is really getting old.

Sorry can't help you there. I've had some great finds.
    Bad Panda, No Bamboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything has been popping up around me, but if distribution problems are that bad for you, why not try one of the e-tailers? i use kebco's one of every fig club, they are reasonably priced and no hunting, but ordering by the case from some of the other online shops can be affordable, too. if things are that bad in your area, you might want to try some of these options.
    this really isn't hasbro's fault at this point, though, it's the fault of the retailers and their idiotic ordering practices.

Yes, I had just started ordereing through e-tailers, and I have seen a lot of newer stuff out. And to think my brother wants me to move to a small town in Wisconsin where they have 2 wal-marts, about 45 minutes away. I think I'll stay with a little more variety of shopping choices.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by amidalak
    ...this really isn't hasbro's fault at this point, though, it's the fault of the retailers and their idiotic ordering practices.
    Seems to be pretty much the case. The only retail spot for new figures at this point has been Target. If you aren't near one, you may understandably be out of luck. Though, even Target seems to be taking a very measured approach to putting out new figures ... a new case maybe once a week.

Just out of curiosity, what part of the planet are you on and what stores do you have around you?
    plasticfetish.net

I felt the same way up until about a month ago. I started to see Rebel Fleet Troopers and Teebos, then figures from the first two '03 waves, and most recently a Secret Ceremony Padme. Stores are getting new stock in for the holidays, and it seems like some of the figures that I have missed are turning up all over the place. Are they late. . . yes, but at least I'm finally getting them. I say, keep checking, and be patient. If you don't see them by X-mas. . . then you've got a problem. Now. . . if an Ephant Mon would just turn up. . .
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

The part that gets my is the fact the have no problems finding the news GI Joe or Transfomers. Around here they all toy store i can walk into and not see a dozen or so of the Unricon is K B Toys, and i can found just about any of the GI Joe figures. But Star Wars if i see any thing is maybe one or two of the firgures.

Around here we've got the Emperor/WA-7 wave pretty scarcely. We are overflowing with the Yoda/Ani/Arc trooper Clone Wars wave, so if anybody wants these, I'll try to get some.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin2121
    What is the freaking PROBLEM?! Here were are at the tail end of October, in the fourth quarter of 2003, very near the end of the year, and I STILL have not seen a Saga figure newer than Pilot Jango or Supreme Chancellor Palpatine.

This is really getting old.
    Dude LOL, do you ever go shopping? At least try the weekend mornings at opening. Most of the time you will never find anything after that time.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I concur with plasticfetish. If it was not for TARGET, I would not have any newer figures. Every store I go to...nothing new...TARGET is the only place where I have been able to complete 99% of my 2003 collection. Right now, I only lack the newer waves such as the bail organa wave. Today I found Vader Death Star Clash, Maul Theed Hangar Duel, repack Leia, repack Han, and Dannl Faytonni.
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.