Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIP/TUCK on FX

NIP/TUCK on FX

Just wondering if anyone else is a fan of that show I just can't get enough of.
    Now that the first season has concluded I can say that no tv show has ever had a hold on me like this. The acting and writing are spectacular with each episode blowing me away.

I guess I just love how original this show is. Most shows present things in black & white -- here is the good guy you cheer for and this is the bad guy you root against. Nip/Tuck seemed to start that way with Dylan Walsh as the good guy surgeon and Julian McMahon as the bad guy, but as the stories developed, you see that Walsh's Dr McNamara isn't all that good and McMahon's Dr Troy has a lot of reasons for the bad things he does. In other words there is no black & white, it is all GRAY! The marital problems, work problems, and so on are all played off so brilliantly in such a way that you don't know if you should root for the character or be glad that they got what they deserved.

I think this follow's in FX's line of ground-breaking shows such as the ill-fated but great Son of the Beach and the award winning The Shield. IMO Nip/Tuck surpasses what was done with The Shield and deserves some Emmy's.

Anyone else have their 2 cents about the show?

What happened in the last 15 minutes or so of the season finale.. I myself was not 'hooked' but my friend was and her tivo went out and cut off the last 15 minutes of the finale... I have seen it and wish I could have caught a couple more eps to judge it properly.
    Your signature here!

I love this show, it's my guilty pleasure. I will buy it on DVD, if and when they release it.
    May the force be with you.

Re: NIP/TUCK on FX

Well i had bought the first season on DVD, bought it blind. I finally watched and really enjoyed it. I am planning on buying season 2 on August 30th, my question is will there be a season 3?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Yes, there is a new season in the works. As to when it will start, I don't know.

I couldn't get into this show. Just too way out there.

I love "Nip/Tuck". That along with FX's "Rescue Me" are two of the best shows on TV. Sadly, my new cable provider doesn't carry FX. Feel free to share what happens each week with me via post or PM!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Can you direct me to info on the planned season? I have heard good things about Rescue Me, but i never watched. Maybe i should check it out/.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow
    Can you direct me to info on the planned season? I have heard good things about Rescue Me, but i never watched. Maybe i should check it out/.
    FX's website says 'coming soon.'

Julian McMahon was one of the names tossed about as being the next 007, but, early on, JM said he couldn't do it because of his N/T schedule or contract.

Cool, i have been trying to search on the FX website, but for some reason it never seems to work for me.

I want to say it popped up on the main page. Just a quick teaser, then it flipped to some other FX program.