Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Ugh. Ultimate X-Men #41. Wait an entire month to find out who was speaking to Beast. Who was going to be introduced next in the New Mutants. And what do we get. A stand alone with Wolverine. Shoot me.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    I'll check Marvel's website to see who's on Punisher. Garth Ennis perchance? I wasn't "blown away" by the Born limited series - though numerous persons inside the pages were. So I'll be weighing it off.

Question: Does the upcoming "MK 4" replace the FF book, or is it a second monthly? Note to Marvel: If Spidey can only carry 1 book per month, what are you expecting to happen here?

Ennis is doing the new Punisher series, but without the kiddie comic gloves. Swearing and explicit violence throughout.

The skinny on MK4 is that this was the storyline from the new creative team that was to replace Waid after he and Jemas had a tussle. Since then, Quesada and co. have eaten crow and Waid is still on the main book, so they decided to give the new guys their own series. hence two simultaneous FF books ( not counting Ultimate FF)
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

so jar jar, your saying that UXM 41 wasn't good. I haven't gotten it yet.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

It's good. It's just like they dropped a standalone issue into the New Mutants story. We get a new mutant, but the X-Men don't even appear. It's another 'All Wolverine' tale. And after Blockbuster, I'm really sick of the clawed Canuck. Hopefully they get back to the story in next months issue. I need to know who was talking to Beast.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

So did Professor X sanction Logan offing the kid? That's an interesting development in Ultimate X-men....

New Comics(1/21/04)

Transformers/GIJoe 5
    GIJoe 26
    Uncanny X-Men 438 (okay, this book is like daily or something)
    New X-Men 152
    Daredevil 56/436
    Thanos 5
    Iron man 76/421
    Robin 122

ok, got UXM 41 and the new Uncanny in the mail on tuesday. I liked both. I thought UXM was a very good story, though i was a little ticked, like you said Jar Jar, that it didn't aswer any qustions from last story.

Uncanny was also very good. I'm really liking Uncanny now. Austen sure has improved.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Xavier was the one that issues the order for to take him down. Logan does mention that Xavier found him with his Cerebro device. And we can't consider 616 Goody Goody Xavier when it comes to the Ultimate Version. Since he's willing to basically do anything to ensure his dream is realized. And he knows what sparing Magneto ended up causing. Besides, the kid couldn't live with himself after finding out how many people he'd killed. And like Wolvie said, a mutant manifesting their powers like this, and killing so many people accidentally will bring back the Sentinel Project. I think it could have been handled better though. Sure, Wolvie is one of the few that wouldn't die from the kids powers. But I think Xavier after Wolvie kept him company should have turned off his mind. Instead of leaving his death to Wolverine. Though we never do get a 'Snikt' or any blood on Wolvers. So maybe that is what happened.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TF/Joe is very classy. I like Jae lee's dark 'n gritty visuals. Some have complained about it being almost too dark and obscuring the story. But compared to the "other" Joe/TF series, this one is brilliant.

GiJoe. Coming down off the awesome Serpentor story, this was was kinda weak. Toss in new writer Jerwa and his "lets bring readers up to speed" synopsis issue. Waiting patiently to see where this one goes. But in this day and age you can't have too many of these 'We'll get started next issue" things. Impatient readers have too many other books waiting for their comic dollar.

Uncanny. A suprisingly good riff on the Romeo and Juliet Storyline. I'm surprised Sam Guthrie hasn't shown up yet. Seeing as how he was the original Guthrie mutant. I guess Claremont had suckier things for him to do over in the Extreme sucfest...I mean X-Men.

New X-Men. Silvestri rules. It's Silvestri. It's X-Men. Why aren't you reading this yourself?

Daredevil. Maleev and Bendis are back! I wonder if Bendis has as much fun writing his books as I do reading them? The chat between Matt and the other heroes was superb. 'What? no Avengers? No X-Men? No power packers?" Great!

Thanos. This series is not living up to the cosmic epicness one would infer from an ongoing Thanos title. Even with Galactus , its a little subdued. I guess I'm comparing it to the classic Silver Surfer run by Starlin.

Iron Man. Hmmmm...an army of reverse engineered Iron Men built by the lowest bidder for the United States DOD? That's enough for me to pick up next issue.

Robin. I was far more interested in the few moments of training by Alfred and Bruce than i was by this whole lame Johnny Warlock villain. No one can seem to get a handle on the assistant hero comic.

Daredevil #56 - After the story where Matt's identity is revealed, that "Echo" (I think that's the name), was kind of a let down. But Bendis & Maleev are back and this new issue is very cool.

G.I. Joe #26 - Nothing special after the Serpentor series. Basically just a cool-down book.

Transformers/G.I. Joe #5 - I had some trouble following this series at first,but now it's getting pretty good, and I'm glad I stuck with it.

New X-Men #152 - I have to go back and re-read the first part. This story-arc confuses me, cause they were fighting Magneto, and then jumped to a story-arc where Beast is this evil mega-villain? Huh?!?

Uncanny X-Men #438 - Very cool take on the Romeo & Juliet story. I'm also surprised not to see Sam, maybe he'll make an appearance in a future issue.

DC: The New Frontier #1 - I haven't read this one yet
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

New Comics(01/28/04)

GIJoe:Cobra Reborn
    Hulk 66
    Wonder Woman 200
    Batman 623
    JLA 92
    Amazing Spidey 503
    Punisher 2
    Ultimate FF 2
    Ultimate Six 6

Cobra Reborn. I've mentioned how I felt about this in the GIjoe thread. All in all, me likey.

Hulk. Dougie Brathwaite draws a nice follow up to Deodato's. It was interesting to see the parallels between the charachters. Betty kicking Samson's butt was strange. I was wondering where that was headed, and then it stopped all the sudden. Like a twist that didn't really twist anywhere. And this book has been about poor little missing Ricky for so long, for them to just casually nuke him, kinda peeved me off. Is Bruce Jones just getting bored with the storyline? And until that last panel, I had completely forgotten that Ricky was Doc Samson's son. Also, can we please lose the outdated 70's chintz red t-shirt with the lightning bolt? You're a doctor for petes sake. Show some dignity. The man can't even do a full superhero outfit. How lazy is that? Just whatever's lying around and also the dumb shirt.

Wonder Woman. My last issue of this. Dissappointing. Not even a decent finale.

JLA. The story is good, but the art looks like the guy turned the lights off and then tried drawing. Like on a dare from Mike Carlin or something. One more issue before Claremont and Byrne raise hell! Huzzah!!! PS Did ya hear? Did ya hear? Claremont is coming back to to Uncanny after Extreme gets euthanized with issue 46. None of that has ANYTHING to do with JLA, but...

Batman. ugh. How did this book go from awesome to suck in only 4 issues? So they're looking for this Angel guy. And they're looking. Still looking. AND they're still looking....I also find it hard to believe that the Bat is non chalantly interacting with all these criminal elements. First, he chats with Fatman and Little Boy Girl like they aren't this new criminal element that won't be causing headaches for him down the road "Oh sure, feel free to set up shop here in Gotham. Welcome..." Then he's all calm when Killer Croc (who is now Pimp Croc apparently, LOVE that getup. Wheres the boa?) boasts about killing his dentist. If some run of the mill ratfink thug admitted to murder in front of the Bat of Jeph Loeb's watch, he'd he kissing pavement.

Amazing. Tossing Loki into the mix as a protagonist (of sorts ) was extremely interesting. The new villainess is kind of meh. I'm thinking JMS is kind of chafing with the spider and really wants to write something more mystical like Thor or his new Doc Strange book. instead he keeps shoving all this interdimensional hooey down Peter's throat. Make with the classic rogues already!

Punisher. Awesome follow up to an awesome first issue. This is the vintage Punisher I remember. Taking the time out of his busy mafia greasing day to whack the sleazy pimp was awesome. And that cliff hanger ending!! Well, needless to say, it should be interesting to see how he keeps his head in that situation. RRIMshot! Also, despite what I've said about swearing in Marvel comics ( I'm thinking Alias here) it totally fits in this book. this is like the one Marvel book that can pull it off, since these are all dirtbag criminals anyway.

Ultimate Six. Man, this book started out with such potential, but I'm not feeling it towards the end. I'm hoping for a killer climax, but I don't feel like anything life changing has happened with any of these characters. Good art though. Looking at Cap's outfit, I kinda wish the regular cap would lose the big red pansie boots ( and maybe gloves even)and adopt a more military look. He's got it started with that wicked looking chainmail look and the web belt, but it could stand a few more tweaks. once again I digress...

Ultimate FF. Awesome story. Except for the ludicrous idea that Ben Grimm, hitchhiking across America or whatever, should stumble upon the top secret field test out in the middle of the desert and have almost NO problem getting clearance. That made me laugh so hard I almost couldn't finish the issue. And Kubert's rendition of the future MoleMan was brilliantly icky. Looking forward to next month.