Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

New Comics(3/24/04)

Cable/Deadpool 1
    Avengers 495
    Ultimate Four 4
    Hulk 69 (heh heh)
    Transformers G1 V3 3

Kitten's Comics

Hulk:Gray 6
    Ultimate Spidey 55

Cable/Deadpool. If there's one character Fabian was meant to write, it's Wade Wilson. "I can do the Shatner roll if I have too." I also love how Liefeld is allowed to do the covers, but they won't let him touch the interiors. is that a kick in the nuts for the Robster or what? heh he heh...

Avengers. So can anyone tell me what happened to Brian Braddock and Meggan? They're like spirits or something? I'm not sure what to make of a chick in the Captain Britain uniform. That outfit never looked to good on a guy, it looks even crappier on a chick. It's like stuffing a dude into the silver Dazzler costume from the 70s and calling him Dazzler II. heh. That visual makes me laugh. I just realized that Avengers 500 is almost upon us. I wonder what villain Austen will give us for the story arc leading into it. Probably Loki...

Ultimate Four. I read that Millar and Bendis were getting swamped by everything that they write and had to hand this one over to Warren Ellis. i can tell. It didn't suck, but this issue suffered from the "going through the motions" phoenomenon. Its sub standard Bendis, which is still stellar in anyone elses book, but it didn't tip my candle over if you get my meaning. I too am waiting for Victor to return.

Hulk. See my comments in the Hulk thread, recently ressurected by everyone's fave Canadian Lawman.

Transformers. How confusing is the artwork in this book? I didn't realize that Jetfire and Skyfire were two different characters the entire book and I was just like "Huh? Wha? Who?" the whole time. i like the artwork, but the plotting or staging of it in terms of a coherent narrative need MAJOR work. Megatron comes back next issue. Cool.

Hulk:Gray. See my comments in the Hulk thread. Me no likey. Even Kitten said she regrets getting the series. She felt obligated to pick this up since she had the other five. i feel bad for her.

Ultimate Spidey. Whoa. Awesome. The whole movie storyline in brilliant. only from the mind of Bendis. If Bruce Cambell cameos as Mysterio in the actual film that would ROCK. Bruce Cambell kicks butt!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Just picked up today (but before any new comics were delivered to my shop )

Superman/Batman #8
    Robin #124
    Teen Titans #9
    Superman #626
    Aquaman #16
    Batman Gotham Knights #47-49, 51
    GI Joe Reborn #1
    The Walking Dead #5
    Wizard Edge (Week of 3/17) for the Powers preview comic\

Yes, I'm almost solely a DC and Image guy. And again I'm going to plug:

Y: The Last Man
    Fables

I urge everyone to pick up at least one trade for each and read it. They are the best new Vertigo comics out at the moment.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

I picked up
    Star Wars Republic #62
    Hellboy: The Corpse (Only a quarter!)

I wanted The Essential Punisher, but they were sold out.

There were a couple of others, which I may pick up later, like:
    Cable & Deadpool #1, but I'm not much of a X title fan anymore (besides NYX, which isn't really an X title)
    And there was another, but I can't remember what one right now...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I picked up

SW: Republic
    Ult Spidey

I thought that this ish of Republic did a decent job of capturing the 'flavor' of Ani's basic unrest (the way they showed him continuing to have bad dreams) and his inability to follow orders (even if what he feels is true). The worst thing about this book was the very end which I felt was very sit-com-ish.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    The worst thing about this book was the very end which I felt was very sit-com-ish.
    Yeah, I got that sitcom feeling too. I expected them all to be laughing. They should've left it with a cliffhanger or a "to be continued..." for the next issue. But at least this way they can start fresh with a new story.
    DOMINATE!

Let's see, this week I picked up

Spectacular SM 12
    Ultimates 13 (Yay!) BTW- I loe the story title on the cover - How I learned to love the Hulk

SW ROTJ Infinities

Infinities- You open the book to a page of the space battle and the art looks pretty damn good. The you get to panels with artwork of the characters and it sucks. Ryan Benjamin was the penciler, and I seriously hope that DH never uses him again in ANY freakin' SW book! On the 2nd to last page there is a panel that shows Luke, Leia and Mon Mothma, and they look like caricatures you would get at an amusement park. Two pages before that, the top panel shows Chewie sitting, wounded, by the holo chess table, and you can barely discern any detail other then his bandolier.

Ryan benjamin, you SUCK!

You SUCK!

You SUCK!

BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

dr_evazan, you've got to learn not to hold in all that frustration, you're just going to burst someday.

Now when you say he sucks, can you expand for us? Does he suck out loud? Could he suck a golf ball through a garden hose? Fill us in......

Just lurking in here again this week, stupid bills.......
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Now when you say he sucks, can you expand for us? Does he suck out loud? Could he suck a golf ball through a garden hose? Fill us in......

Just lurking in here again this week, stupid bills.......
    All of the above. His art is pretty bad in most of ROTJ Infinities.

This week I picked up:
    Jedi Infinities #4
    The Punisher #4
    The Essential Punisher
    DOMINATE!

forgot to mention that i picked up Ultimates 13. You don't know how psyched i as about this. When i opened it and read it, i was so happy that it turned out so good. I can't wait for volume 2. definately a pick up for you guys out there.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

I picked up Punisher: The End

Not overly impressed. Kind of fatalistic if you ask me, but I guess I have to be disappointed sometimes.