Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

That book is already out of print, surprisingly enough (though from the number of copies around, you'd never know it).

I particularly enjoyed this series because the writing by Simon Furman blows away anything else Dreamwave has done. The second series has a more confusing storyline, also by Furman, and features art by one of the all-time great Transformers artists, Andrew Wildman (whose style, as it turns out, doesn't lend itself all that well to painted comics).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'm finally back at school, which means that i have months of comics to catch up on. I have read a bit and here is my brief synopsis: WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS

ghostbusters #2- This series is really great, but i wish that they would HURRY UP ON GETTING THE ISSUES OUT!!!! It's interestnig they're poking into the past of the Busters. Should be interesting to see where this story goes.

Ult spidey- Carnage arc- holy bajesus, The end of Gwen Stacy?!? I totally didn't see her end coming at all!!!!! I had to reread the incident and then the following issue ot confirm her death. That was just nuts!! totally caught me off guard!!

More to come as i read.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

So they put Carnage in the Ultimate Spider-Man continuity? I've been thinking about checking out all these Ultimate titles, but just decided against it if they'll put that pig terd there.

Next up in Ultimate X-Men: Ultimate X-Force featuring Dazzler, Shatterstar, Feral, Boom Boom, and Whizkid!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

chux- nah, i HIGHLY suggset you pick up the Ult Spidey comics. Carnage is done in a VERY different style than what you'd commonly think of. It's very excellent. Give it a shot, my friend. It might help you when you go on Jeopardy!

Hulk 71-76- Alright, i used to be a HUGE fan of Jones and all his craziness but these issues are just making me scratch my head. The issues with Iron Man were kinda meh and this random encounter with the Leader was good, but kinda ilke, "Where the hell did that come from?" The whole thing from Betty at the end where she calls bruce a twisted freak or whatever left me hearbroken!!! Poor Bruce, he should just snap them all over Hulk's knee and shut them up!!

cheers!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Made my last big buy of new comics for awhile today, they'd been sitting in the shop long enough. Here's what I got:

Astro City Special 1
    Planetary 20
    FF - latest 3 issues
    Hulk 74-76
    Amazing 510, 511
    Uncanny - 2 issues
    X-Men - 2 issues
    Astonishing 3
    X-Men Unlimited 4
    Wolverine 13-17
    Daredevil 60-62
    Spectacular Spidey - latest 3 issues
    Batman 630 and 631

I've (really this time) cancelled everything except for Amazing Spidey, Uncanny and Astonishing X-Men, Hulk, Planetary and Astro City. The last 2 books don't even come out regularly, which means I'm down to 4 monthly titles thanks to all this SW stuff coming out. Tough to keep up with everything.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Agreed, with JMG. Ultimate Spidey is done great, and it totally makes the lame 616 character of Carnage into an intresting character. My suggestion, hit Barnes & Noble, they have a huge 1,000 page hardcover for $39.96 that has the first 40 issues.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

A few weeks ago i picked up the Transformers G1 volume 2 trade paperback titled War and Peace. I liked the story and enjoyed seeing what Slag did to the bot who stuck a gun in his face. Then yesterday i picked up issues 4 and 5 of the ongoing G1 series and will probably get the sixth issue (which finishes the story arc) in a week or so. Im hoping Dreamwave doesnt put the ongoing in trade paperback for a while, i will be kicking my can if they do. Also am debating whether to get the preorder on Amazon for the More Than Meets the Eye paperback, probably should though because i missed out on issues 2 and 3.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Okay, is the ongoing TF book making any damn sense yet? When it started, my exact words to a friend were, "They're either setting up an epic to dwarf the last 24 issues of the Marvel run, or they're going to fall flat on their face in a pile of crap." With the tiny amount of sense it's making so far, I'm leaning toward the second.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

From what ive read its not as good as War and Peace was. Sunstorms origin and goals arent really spelled out too well, we just hear him speak some "chosen one" line and start fighting. I think once Megatron gets involved it will improve.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well, i got a slew of stuff today thanks to an overage check from Ohio U. I got:

Walking Dead 1-10 (1-6 TPB and then 7-10 single issues)
    -This is my first time picking up the series and so far i'm enjoying it very much. Very sly story and the zombies look terrific.
    X-Men the End #3- I'm just waiting for things to happen on this one. It's like they're spending too much time with the characters and what they're doing now, though i do like Jubilee being a director of Nightcrawlers films. I always figured that useless yellow coated brat was good for something. hehehehehe
    Dark Knight returns #3- Now, i got 1 and 2 and i had figured, after months of waiting, that was it, but to my surprise, i found out a few weeks ago that there was a #3; holy bajesus!! this was news to me and i felt like a complete putz. I'm going to reread #1 and #2 before i get into #3 though.
    ult Spidey #65- I was semi let down by this issue. I had figured that Peter would beat himself up over Gwen, but i thought that there was a prime moment for some character development with Flash, but we just got some info about him liking Gwen. I did however, LOVE peter's rant about evil people and whatnot; that was really good stuff.
    Astonishing X-men #4- I'm waiting for my 1 & 3 to arrive int he mail so i can just read all 4 issues straight through. I put my faith in JJB that the series was worth picking up, so if it isn't, you owe me some $$ dude!!
    Marvel Age Hulk #1- have yet to read, but as it's a Hulk title, i'm looking forward to it.
    Cheers!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 09-14-2004 at 11:37 PM.