Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Aw man.... I forgot about FCBD.. Now I'll probably have to pay for that free ROTS comic.

Oh well..

Anybody else here reading Shanna the She Devil (by Frank Cho)? I picked up the first few issues on a whim, and I'm glad I did! That's one of the most entertaining books I've read in a long time.

My lil bro managed to pick up the free Star Wars Clone Wars comic handed out yesterday, along with a few others. I havent picked anything up for myself in quite some time, i usually just buy the sibling Fantastic Four comics every month.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I picked up all 4 ROTS comics the past coouple of weeks...AT VONS!!!
    - "Go ahead, keep 'em carded. Chicks totally respect a guy who doesn't even have the nerve to open a toy." - "Scalp all you want; we'll make more."

Picked up today, 5/12:

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith #4
    Star Wars: General Grevious #2
    Action Comics # 827
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

July 3rd pickups:

Incredible Hulk 81, 82
    Amazing Spider-Man 520, 521
    House of M 1,2
    Fantastic Four 527 (variant addition, according to the cover , that's all they had in stock)
    Planetary 23
    Supreme Power 17
    Astro City: The Dark Age 1
    Astonishing X-Men 10
    New Avengers 6

All I've read so far was the end of Tempis Fugit in Hulk. I didn't think it was too bad, I'm looking forward to the prospects of Peter David being back on the book.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Not a full list of my new acquisitions, but I got GIJoe: America's Elite #0 and #1. The previous regular series (A Real American Hero) was slipping hard, and when they @#$%ing killed Lady Jaye I swore to give the new series one issue.

But it had been a while since I'd stopped in, and the store owner had pulled both #0 and #1. He's cool, so I picked them both up.

#0 is pretty mediocre, but necessary reading for #1.

But #1. . . Holy crap!! I highly recommend this. Totally new approach using the same characters, and it will shock and awe you.

YOOOOOOO JOOOOOOOOOE!!!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Forgot about this thread.
    Last week, I picked up:

Punisher #22 - Ennis writes great story after great story.

Punisher: The Cell - Not sure why it wasn't a 2 parter in the regular series, but still a darn fine story. The end was bit confusing though - I wonder if it was meant to tie into The Punisher: The End from a year or so ago.

Star Wars Republic #76 - Hoping they wrap up this arc soon. It takes place 3 weeks before Sith, and with what Kenobi said in the movie, we know how the battle ends. They should have had this all wrapped up around the time the movie came out.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Punisher #23 - Punisher gets some action (the other kind)!

NYX #6 - Never thought this would come out. Seems like it's a year late. Heck, it might be.

Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #1 - Frank Miller and Jim Lee on Batman? I had to give it a shot. And it ain't too bad.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Punisher: The Cell - Not sure why it wasn't a 2 parter in the regular series, but still a darn fine story. The end was bit confusing though - I wonder if it was meant to tie into The Punisher: The End from a year or so ago.

I read the Punisher too, and I really enjoyed The Cell. I agree with you about the ending. I would have liked to have seen a second issue to follow up on things a bit
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Today I picked up Action Comics #829 (sacrifice part 2)

should be a good read