Page 23 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

New Comics picked up October 1st:

All Star Batman and Robin 1,2
    Supreme Power 18
    Giant Size X-Men 3
    Astonishing X-Men 11,12
    Astro City Dark Age 2,3
    Amazing Spidey 522,523
    Hulk 83,84,85,86
    Uncanny X-Men 462,463,464

17 comics, nearly $85 (CDN) spent, including the bags and boards. This hobby is bloody expensive, which explains perfectly why it's dying a slow death. Sad.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I stopped at the comic shop the other day for the first time in a few weeks and suprisingly all I picked up was:
    The Punisher #25
    Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #2 (Is this an ongoing or a mini?)

It seems like every time I cut a title (or one finishes) another one, like Batman and Robin, another pops up and grabs my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder #2 (Is this an ongoing or a mini?).
    I thought I had read it was going to be 12 issues - but that's far from a definite answer.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Does someone know of a reputable yet inexpensive online shop that sells comic bags and backer boards?

A used bookstore here sells 100 bags for $7 but I thought there might be a better deal to be had online.

I'm looking for Silver Age bags, 7-1/8" x 10-1/2" with a 1-1/2" flap. I think I've always used 3-Mil. polyethylene rather than polypropylene bags. Mylar is too expensive.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    Does someone know of a reputable yet inexpensive online shop that sells comic bags and backer boards?

A used bookstore here sells 100 bags for $7 but I thought there might be a better deal to be had online.
    Well, from what I've seen, your $.70 each price seems pretty good. I'll usually noticed the buck-a-piece amount.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Well, I looked all over the 'net for a better deal, but I think Bel-Cam is right. So I ended up getting 400 bags at the comic shop this morning for under $29. They are the 3-mil polyethylene bags in the Silver Age-size I bought so many years ago.

This shop had the 24-pt backer boards, 100 count for $10, but I think I'm going to buy the scrapbook cardstock I saw in Wal-Mart's back-to-school section. They have a 150-count bundle of white, acid-free 110-pound cardstock for $5.77. It's 8-1/2" x 11", but I can cut it down with my paper cutter. It's probably not as thick as the comic boards though.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

This week I bought:

Trinity #10
    Final Crisis #3

May the force be with you.

Bought some older back issues from online:
    Captain America #241 (Punisher appearance)
    Web of Spiderman #100
    Peter Parker #100 (there was a time when I wanted to have all the Marvel #100 issues, which I may apparently still give a try)

I miss the "simpler" storylines sometimes, with characters narrating to themselves, very little blood, finished by page 22...
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Booster Gold #15
    Final Crisis #5 of 7
    Final Crisis: Revelations #4 of 5
    Green Lantern Corps #31
    Trinity #28

I am also currently following:
    Marvel Zombies 3
    Terra
    Superman/Supergirl Maelstrom
    JSA: One World, Under Gog
    Superman: New Krypton
    Tangent: Superman's Reign
    Green Lantern

Major story arcs include Final Crisis and Blackest Night. I didn't get into the Batman RIP stuff, especially since Bruce Wayne's future will be revealed in Final Crisis.

I also just finished "Countdown to Final Crisis" I got the TPB's.

I miss the "simpler" storylines sometimes, with characters narrating to themselves, very little blood, finished by page 22...
    Comics certainly have long drawn out major story arcs lately. More importantly they have a really dark overtone. Marvel seems to be the worst for major stories lately, sure DC has the same issue, but they are not as big. Honestly, I am afraid to jump into Marvel right now, Ultimate, Ultimatum, Secret Wars, Invasion....Marvel makes my head spins, and they seem to cross every title. Grrrr...that's gotta frustrate fans.

DC keeps it simple, story lines cross over much less. Final Crisis doesn't interfere with Trinity, Trinity doesn't interfere with One World, etc.