Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I got the following tradepaperbacks from the library and read them for the first time:

Avengers Disassembled - not bad
    - Captain America tie-in
    - Iron Man tie-in
    - The Mighty Thor tie-in (very weird; I was never a big Thor fan though)

House of M - really enjoyed this storyline, wish the library had all the titles that tie-in into this book

I got three Indiana Jones trade paperbacks in the mail today from Amazon:

Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 1 - collects the Dark Horse comic series from the early '90s: Fate of Atlantis, Thunder in the Orient, and Arms of Gold.

Indiana Jones Omnibus Vol. 2 - another Dark Horse collection of Indy comic titles from the mid-'90s, including the Golden Fleece, Shrine of the Sea Devil, Iron Phoenix, Spear of Destiny, and Sargasso Pirates.

Indiana Jones: The Further Adventures Omnibus Vol. 1 - Dark Horse repinting of the original Marvel adaptation of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and the first twelve issues of Mighty Marvel's Indiana Jones monthly comic (1983).

With the exception of the Raiders adaptation, it's going to be all-new reading for me. I never collected Marvel's Indiana Jones comic (or their Star Wars one for that matter). And I'd stopped collecting comics by the time Dark Horse began publishing their own stories in the early 90s. The Marvel reprints look pretty good, DH even reprinted each issue's cover (omitting the Marvel logo of course).

picked up:

Jersey Gods #'s 2 and 3
    Masquerade #2
    Wizard of Oz #5 for my mother in law (huge Wizard of Oz fan)
    Stephen King's The Stand American Nightmares #1 (for the wife)
    Stephen King's Dark Tower Guide to Gilead (also for the the wife)
    G I Joe Origins #'s 1 and 2
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Wizard of Oz #5 for my mother in law (huge Wizard of Oz fan)
    Marvel's The Wonderful Wizard of Oz?
    I've heard it's really good. I'd have picked it up from the beginning but the comic shop was out of issue #1.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Flash Rebirth #1
    Green Lantern # 39
    Booster Gold # 19

I now have every Marvel/STAR Star Wars comic (at least I think so: SW #1-107 & 3 Annuals, Droids #1-8, and Ewoks #1-14), by finding an Ewoks #14 to complete that run. Haven't read it yet, but it's kind of sad; and end of an era of collecting. :nostalgia: Only a few Dark Horse books left to find that interest me.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

X-Men First Class Finals #3
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 4 (X-Men 32-42)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 5 (X-Men 43-53, Avengers 53)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 6 (X-Men 54-66)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 7 (Amazing Adventures 11-17, Amazing Spider-Man 92, Marvel Team-Up 4, and Incredible Hulk 150, 161)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Clone Wars #5
    Green Lantern Corps #35
    Justice League Unlimited: Heroes TPB

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    X-Men First Class Finals #3
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 4 (X-Men 32-42)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 5 (X-Men 43-53, Avengers 53)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 6 (X-Men 54-66)
    Marvel Masterworks: X-Men Vol. 7 (Amazing Adventures 11-17, Amazing Spider-Man 92, Marvel Team-Up 4, and Incredible Hulk 150, 161)
    Were all the Masterworks hard or softcover? My brother works at Borders and said they have brought back the softcovers.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!