Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    How much is the third print TMNT #1 going for now, if you don't mind my asking?
    Well, I thought the $19.99 price was amazing, even more so when it arrived and it really was in great condition, as it was listed. I've seen the 3rds going for around $100 NM. I have 1st prints of #2-? (maybe #20, before I stopped collecting the series), but no copy of #1 at all. Now, the circle is now complete, now.
    "That's what Sheev said."

X-Men First Class Finals #4
    Uncanny X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga TPB

I was looking at that new The New Mutants book today and has anyone read it? Is it any good?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Still back issue-ing right now, mainly those Marvel 100s

Silver Surfer 100 (online auction win came in mail with a dented top corner )
    Waiting to receive Conan 100, Marvel Tales 100, and Marvel Age 100.

I've been back issue hunting myself, although I'm finding that Ebay is not the greatest source for that. I have one guy trying to charge me $20 to ship out 9 comic books. There's nothing special about them, just assorted back issues of Fantastic Four, Hulk and Avengers from the 1970s. Even bagged and boarded, they're not over 2 pounds.

Anyways, I've also been tracking down back issues of Amazing Adventures 11-17. They're fairly easy to find and relatively cheap if you are more interested in readability than preserving them in a vault.

I know they are available as collections, but there's just something special about reading the comics as they were originally printed with all the advertisements intact and seeing all the original coloring and lettering. The collected reprints will usually recolor the books and correct any type errors.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I've been back issue hunting myself, although I'm finding that Ebay is not the greatest source for that.

Anyways, I've also been tracking down back issues of Amazing Adventures 11-17. They're fairly easy to find and relatively cheap if you are more interested in readability than preserving them in a vault.

I know they are available as collections, but there's just something special about reading the comics as they were originally printed with all the advertisements intact and seeing all the original coloring and lettering. The collected reprints will usually recolor the books and correct any type errors.
    Those reprinted collections are good for actually reading the stories, but you're right, can't beat the originals (and not just for the higher values).

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Those reprinted collections are good for actually reading the stories, but you're right, can't beat the originals (and not just for the higher values).
    What's funny is all the ads in those old early-1970s comics for muscle and weight gain programs. Many of them started with a headline like, "Too Skinny?" Obviously that's not a big problem for modern days comic book collectors.

Clone Wars #6
    Booster Gold #20
    Green Lantern Corps #36

Well, these don't count as comics, but I bought two how-to books by a good comic book illustrator!

I got my daughter the new Supergirl and Batman Brave and the Bold.

I'm holding out for a Hellboy collection for Father's Day...
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Green Lantern #41
    Justice League #33
    Justice Society #27
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion