Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Today...

Batman: The Widening Gyre (#1)
    Batman (#690)
    Blackest Night - Batman (#1, #2)
    Ooh... there's literary allusions in those titles.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Blackest Night #3
    Clone Wars #8
    Wednesday Comics #11

Well, since my OCD commands me to continue collecting, I ordered some older comics, but I can't tell you what they are until they arrive, I guess. But I'll give you a hint: one title's about a world travelling individual who knows several languages, wears a famous hat, and owns a lot of ancient relics; while the other title is Indiana Jones.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Got All Hail Megatron Volume 2 in the mail today.

And, in other news, I decided today to stop collecting IDW Transformers comics, and am considering filing a class action lawsuit to get my $13 and hour back.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The other day I picked up:

Justice Society of America #30
    Batgirl #2
    Batman and Robin #4

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Blackest Night #3
    Ahhh, that must have come in after I hit my store. Missed that... need to go back now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, since my OCD commands me to continue collecting, I ordered some older comics
    I'd been having luck for the longest time with finding the odd book here and there at thrift stores, etc., but I haven't seen anything in a while. I'm starting to jones a little...
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    ... but I can't tell you what they are until they arrive, I guess. But I'll give you a hint: one title's about a world travelling individual who knows several languages, wears a famous hat, and owns a lot of ancient relics; while the other title is Indiana Jones.
    The Life of Pope John Paul II was a title I always wanted to get for my mom, as she wasn't a superhero comic reader, and now I have it.

Okay...

But I also bought the mini series of Indiana Jones & TTOD, as well as 16 others of the Marvel IJ series. It was a really great deal; no book for more than $4, as little as $1.60. That's one more complete series to, well, complete, for me now. "Nothing... can stop that... now..."

SW Invasion #0
    SW Invasion #4

The paperback of GIJoe: Cobra came in the mail today. I've been enjoying the IDW relaunch so far, but this, man, this is one of the best Joe comics I've ever read. It blows away the other two titles, which is tough given that they're Larry Hama re-writing the origins with no restraints and Chuck Dixon writing military action. This paperback ranks right up there with "Panic at the North Pole" or "Silent Interlude," easily. Definitely not a kids' book, but I'd give it my highest possible recommendation to anyone over, say, 13 or so. Anything else that this Christos Gage fellow writes, and isn't set in the impenetrable masses that the DC and Marvel universes have become, I'm going to have to check out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.