Page 1 of 47 1234511 ... LastLast

Talking So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Hear-ye, hear-ye! This thread hereby replaces the OLD thread similarly titled. Please tell us what you're buying (and why if the mood strikes), how you liked it, and snippits of what happened (if you have the time). Without further ado...

NEW COMICS! Purchased Oct 28, 2003

**PLease note, our shipment was delayed until Thursday this week, for some reason, so I don't have any real "new" books yet.**

Uncanny X-Men Draco Part IV
    New X 148
    FF: Authoratative Action Part III
    Amazing SPidey 500
    Ultimate 6 #3
    Planetary 17 (amazing)
    Thor: Vikings 2
    1604 #2
    Batman 620 (Azzarello - good story)
    Spectacular Spidey 5
    Transformers G1 vol2 #6 (thank God that's over)
    Thanos 1
    Spider-Man and Wolverine #4
    Cap 19
    Iron Man (latest)
    Thor (the Reign Part II)
    Avengers (latest)
    Paradise X (Appendix X or whatever)
    Hulk 62 (Betty?)
    Daredevil 53
    Wolverine 6

Passed on Avengers JLA 1 and 2, just couldn't justify spending the money. Im sure I'll regret it later. Anyone read these yet and liking them?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

picked up Ultimate Spidey 48 and Draoc part. Bot were very good. Did anyone read the previews for the up and coming books due out Jan and Dec. Some of the stories sound great, such as Ultimate Spidey and X-Men. As well as the Ultimates finally get released again.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

So there I was in the comic store again today, looking for this weeks books.

Avengers 71 (I would agree that the art has suffered here a little after coipels)
    Hulk "Gray" 1 and 2 (Loeb and Sale - what more do you want? Very good)
    Silver Surfer 2 (finally - monthly title my butt)
    Namor 6, 8 (no 7's left, I can't believe I got that far behind)
    Thor: Vikings 4 (which means I missed #3, d'oh)
    1602 #3 (finally - someone got killed!)

I read all of this (except the Namor book, and the Thor Vikings due to missing issues) at the doctor's office, and was pretty happy. Comics are super.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

This week
    Hulk Gray #2 (very good)
    JLA #89 (pretty good ending to a very good storyline)

On a side note, what happened to the old thread?
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Quote Originally Posted by gsr-jedi
    On a side note, what happened to the old thread?
    In the words of QOTSA, no one knows.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Or, you might know what happened to it, JBFF and just don't wanna share.

As in the QOTSA also said, "i got a secret, i cannot say"

I got Hulk 61-62 and Ult. spidey 47-48

Great issues all around!! I was giggling with nerd glee w/ Aunt May called up Jonah and gave him a piece of her mind. That was as shocking to me as it was to Peter. Cheers!!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 11-02-2003 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Cos Boba Fettfield made me feel like a turd!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I was giggling with nerd glee w/ Aunt May called up Jonah and gave her a piece of her mind. That was as shocking to me as it was to Peter.
    That's very shocking, Guyute. I did not expect to see Jameson portrayed as a female either!
    Back and more bearded than ever before

The End: Wolverine #1 (alright)
    Empire #4
    Superman: Birthright #5
    Sentinel #9
    Supreme Power #4 (awesome)
    Ultimate Spidey #49 (awesome)
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Quote Originally Posted by gsr-jedi
    The End: Wolverine #1 (alright)
    Empire #4
    Superman: Birthright #5
    Sentinel #9
    Supreme Power #4 (awesome)
    Ultimate Spidey #49 (awesome)
    Do you mind posting a bit of the story line for Wolverine: The End and Supreme Power? I've heard Supreme Power is good but have missed the first few issues. And what other "The End" titles are out there? I've only read The End: Hulk.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Supreme Power is basically Marvel's version of the JLA. The first issues have basically focused on Hyperion, the "Superman" one of the group. It's pretty interesting as he has been raised by the government. The other members, have only been seen briefly and we don't know much about them at all.

Wolverine: The End; takes place in the not-too-distant future. He's outlived all his friends and "family" and is living like an animal in the Canadian forest. Without any sort of spoilers, he thinks someone is watching him, someone who knows a lot about him. We haven't seen any proof of this really, though. It was alright, I think it could definitely pick up steam in the next 2 issues. So we'll see.

Hope that helps
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!