Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Eternal Padawan won't clam up about NYX either. Might have to pick those up.

Another addition to the list of Limited Series we need to see finished would have to be Rising Stars. Come on Straczynski, enough is enough already!

Oh, and Planetary has had 2 new issues since the layoff, in case you'd given up on it. Jakita's origin was last issue (#17). Very interesting.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

today i'm going to out to pick up Ultimate Six 4 and possibly a few back issues.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

God speed on your important mission, ATAT. Let us know that you got back safely!

ok, just got Ultimate Six, it was a very a good read, i'm really liking this.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    COMICS I bought this week (don't think I went on a non-comic buying hiatus for the past several weeks, I just haven't been able to log on...sillies)

New Comics[/i](Wednesday, Nov. 26th, 2003)[/i]

JLA 90
    Batman 621
    GIJoe 24
    Amazing Spider-Man 501
    Avengers 74
    Emma Frost 5
    Uncanny X-Men 433
    New X-Men 149
    JLA/Avengers 3

JLA "resolved" the burgeoning romantic relationship between Wonder Woman and Batman. Since it was based on a kiss that happened in an issue before I started reading it six months ago, I wasn't really invested in it. But it was an interesting look at various futures involving the two characters IF they stayed together.

Batman. meh. After Lee and Hush, this is a letdown so far. And what's up with Hush returning in Gotham Knights? Crazeee...

GIJoe. Wow. This is the best storyline since...since the new series started. And it's got friggin Serpentor in it. I can't believe good story and Serpentor could coincide in the same idea/thought process, but there you have it.

ASM. A nice little breather about Aunt May after the 500th issue brouhahah.

Avengers. Kolins art. icky. And Bruce Banner just HAPPENS to be walking through Bone, Idaho when his cousin goes crazy? What a turd. When does Coipels get back?

Emma Frost. I thought this was a limited series and I was all set to drop it once the first story arc was over, but damn, it's really good.

Uncanny/New. So I was a dillhole and read the solid 22 page preview of Silvestri's and Morrison's first New X men issue, and it reveals who dies in 150. Arrgh! And the Draco is starting to shape back up again nicely. Except Alpha Flight's new costumes eat. And by eat I mean bite. And by bite, I mean suck.

JLA/Avengers. Wow. The last few pages, where the Grandmaster reveals the "truth" to the two teams was...man...I sorta got a lump in my throat. All the triumph and more importantly, the tragedy that they've gone through over the past 40+ years. Batman's broken back. Barry Allen and Hal Jordan "discovering" their demises. Wanda Maximoff "reliving" her childrens deaths (okay so they didn't die per se, but it still hit home). What a kickass series.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I haven't picked up any X-books in years, but I saw New X-men on the shelf and liked the cover. So, after thinking about it for a few minutes, I picked up 2 ish's (parts 3 and 4 of 5). I was pleasantly surprised to find that I liked them. Now I need to find parts 1 and 2.

Also picked up ASM 501. I always think it's touching when they involve someone talking to Ben's grave. Now they have Ben and Peter's parents buried together. And I liked teh Kiwi Kid. Oops... That was in Spec! Back to ASM... The drawing of MJ where she's holding the coffee cups takes me back to the way she was originally drawn. Looks great!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Lots again this week, I hadn't been in since the first of the month.

Batman 621
    Amazing 501
    Uncanny 433
    New X-Men 149
    1602 part 4
    Silver Surfer 3
    Wolverine 8
    DD 54
    Hulk 63
    Thor 71
    Iron Man 74
    Capt. Am. 20
    Spect. Spidey 6 and 7
    FF 506 and 507
    Avengers 73 and 74

Jodi is not happy, and I didn't even go looking for any limited series issues I may have missed (Ultimate Six, Emma Frost, Kingpin, Namor - all in the store, and none of it bought yet - yikes).

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I flipped thru Silver Surfer 3 and i have not regretted my decision to not continue with the title. He's only shown up for 5 PANELS in three issues worth of comics. It's like he's guest cameoing in his own book. As cool as Norrin is, that don't make me a fan of the book.

They need to make a poster of the cover to Avengers/JLA 3 so i can actually SEE the upteen billion characters Perez drew. Man that's awesome! Whens the contest to see who can name all those guys?!?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I guess it's now. Maybe someone should scan a pic in so we can all work on it. I also guess there's no way I'm getting out of buying this series, is there?

got my issue of Uncanny yesterday in the mail. The arc is pretty good. It's shaping out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34