Page 7 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Had to toss some of the dialogue up from this issue. Just cause it's so great.

(The X-Men and Xavier, watching the TV coverage of the Religious Fanatics that are outside the gates to the school. Preaching scripture and such about the 'Angel'.)
    Xavier: Before I ask which one of you is responsible for the major leak to the media that has religious congregation outside the school...I would like to remind you all that I am, maybe, the most powerful telepath the world has ever seen...and I already know which of you did this.

Henry: See, I don't see how I can be blamed for this.

Jean: What did you do, Henry?

Henry: I -- I was talking to the --

Storm: You were on that fan site of yours again, weren't you?

Henry: I can't believe it turned--

Wolverine: His what?

Storm: There's a-- a fan site-- a web site about all of us-- and this goofball goes on the message board and gives them little updates and answers questions.

Henry: They're my people.

Kitty: Dude...

Henry: It's good public relations.

Kitty: Dude...

Henry: I really don't think this is my fault exactly because I should be able to go online and--

Jean: Are you serious?

Henry: Okay. I just don't see how I could have known that these people would get in a car and come all the way up here to--

Jean: People will stand outside a ratty apartment in Brooklyn... for days... on end... in the rain.. because the schmootz on someone's kitchen window kind of looks like maybe something. What did you think was going to happen if you announced to the world that there's a treakin' angel--

Henry: I didn't announce it to the world.

Jean: You put it on the internet!! Which part of worldwide web do you not--

Xavier: Jean...

Jean: I'm okay. I'm calm.
    (Henry sitting alone in a restaurant, feeling all down and upset. Because the team is ticked off at him for dropping the news about Angel. When a mysterious benefactor (maybe Mr. Sinister) shows up to offer him a proposition. Who it is is not shown, just the shadow of them standing next to the table. It certainly sounds like Sinister. From what I've read of the old books.)
    Unknown Stranger: They don't know they stare. They think they're not staring. That's the funny part. Hank McCoy, right?

Hank: Can I help you?

Unknown Stranger: Not as much as I can help you. Can I sit down?

Hank: Uh... sure.
    MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-13-2003 at 04:50 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

ok, got my issues of Ultimate Spidey 50 and Ultimate X-Men 40 on Saturday. I thought both were great, i think Bendis is one of the best writer's i have ever read in my life. His dialog is so real and his stories rock. Jar Jar, you are so right about how much that dialog rocked. I too have a strange suspision that his benefactor is Mr. Sinister.

Today, i recieved my new issue of Uncanny. The Trial of Juggernaut. I really don't see what everyones beef is about Uncanny. I think they are pretty good. Well there's my $.02.
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Glad you liked it also. Like I said, being the huge Beast fan, and a fan of Angel as well, I couldn't wait months for the trade paperback. There's a chance it could be someone from the Ultimates, come to offer Henry a position as a member of the team, like in 616. I really don't want to see it be the Ultimates though. Cause I would hate to see Beast leave the X-Men, even if they don't appreciate him and are peeved at him right now. Plus because the Ultimates are so delayed and behind in the timeline, that it's sad. And I'd love to see the love triangle start between Henry, Warren, and Ororo. Even though I know Ororo isn't right for Henry in any way. But they said a dangerous new villian was coming to Ultimate X-Men. And Issue 41 according to the letters page is going to be the darkest issue ever. So I really could see this being Sinister making his debut and corrupting Beast. Hope so.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 12-15-2003 at 07:10 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

yes, exactly my thinking, the X-Men need a new bad guy, now that Magneto is locked away. I really hope it is a bad guy.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Sorry to take this thread off topic but i was looking on ebay for issues 2 and 3 of Transformers More Than Meets the Eye (quite expensive IMO for a comic book) but was dumbfounded by one auction that had it labeled as mint and unread. Now perhaps that makes sense to you who purchase comics frequently but i found it moronic. Who buys a comic only to not look at it? Once again, sorry to butt in.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Well, I guess there are 2 answers Kool Aid. First, the guy could be a new comic dealer who has his copy (or copies) already and had a few left over. These he could sell unread, because he's already read his own copy. Chances of this...... oh, let's say 1 in 1,000,000,000.

More likely, someone bought up a boatload of these speculating that they'd skyrocket in price like the 1st couple of issues of the first Gen1 limited series by Dreamwave. This guy is now bitter, and wants to get out with his money. He can sell them as unread because he never had any intention of reading any of them anyway. This guy is a scalper (or whatever other name for this rotten type of behaviour you like to use) doing his best to keep something good out of the hands of those who truly want it in hopes of making a buck or two. Collecting Comics and Star Wars figures has more in common than you might think at first.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

kool-aid killer, I missed a few of the early issues of MTMTE also. I think a lot of stores didn't order enough, and there's high demand for them. I'm not worried, though, because I'm willing to bet that (even if it's not been officially announced yet) a paperback collection will likely be forthcoming soon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ok, thanks for filling me in JJ and El Chuxter.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

It's been a while, since I've been to the sight. I'm liking this new format.

This week:

New X-Men #150 (very cool)
    Transformers/G.I. Joe #4
    Star Wars Republic #58 (excellent)
    Ultimate Six #5 (can't wait for the next ish)
    Ultimate Spider-Man #51 (can't wait for the next ish of this either)
    Uncanny X-Men #435 (very cool, and the next issue comes out next week)
    Teen Titans #6 (very good)
    Runaways #9 (exellent)
    Hulk: Gray #4 (awesome)
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

hey, don't spoil the whole thing, but is there any fighting in this ish of U6. I really hope so. I love the book, and can't wait til we see some huge a** figt scenes.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 12-19-2003 at 01:14 PM. Reason: deleted mild profanity

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34