Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

I just picked up Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Aramada #2 today. Ive only briefly flipped thru it but it looks like it continues with the excellent drawings and interesting character bios.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel18725
    I picked up Punisher: The End

Not overly impressed. Kind of fatalistic if you ask me, but I guess I have to be disappointed sometimes.
    I picked that up also. I liked it. It was kind of a downer, but how could it not be, considering it is "The End."

I picked up Star Wars Republic #63. Not bad, but I'm sick of Quinlin Vos.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I stopped by the shop as I was "in that neck of the woods". Picked up only 2 books from last week: Uncanny 442 and New X-Men 155, both by Chuck Austen, and both first part stories which will bridge the gap into the "Reloaded" stuff next month.

I also got:

Planetary 19
    MKFF 1
    Pulse 1
    Squadron Supreme 9

Also managed to find a copy of GI Joe Reloaded #1 that I set aside for payday. Good stuff, as I thought I'd missed it. Now, if I can find that first issue of Bendis' "Secret War", I'll be up to speed.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I picked up:

Ghostbusters #1
    Hulk #70
    Ultimate spider-man #56
    Wolverine: The End #3

I'm anxious to see how ultimate spider-man works out and i'm REALLY giddy to see how this new Ghostbusters comic pans out. It's only, oh, 2 months late?!!?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

New Comics(3/30/04)
    Avengers/JLA 4
    Batman 625
    GIJoe Reloaded 1
    GIJoe 28
    JLA 95
    Pulse 2
    Punisher 4
    Superman 203
    Transformers GIJoe 6
    Ultimates 13

New Comics(4/7/04)

Amazing Spidey 506
    Captain America/Falcon 2
    MK 4 1, 2, and 3
    Punisher: The End
    Supreme Power 9
    Thanos 9
    Transformers War Within Dark Ages 2
    (New) X-Men 155
    Uncanny X-Men 442

New Comics(4/14/04)

Captain America 25
    MK 4 4
    Hulk 70
    JLA 96
    New Mutants 11
    1602 8
    MK Spider-Man 1
    Teen Titans 10
    Teen Titans Go! 1

Whew! Lots of books there. Lots of endings, JLA/Avengers, Broken City, TF/GIJoe, Ultimates,1602, Turner's Superman run...too much to comment on today. But I'll be back with some thoughts later on.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

That IS a lot of comics. Good luck with Tony and Sal, I'm sure they'll be by your place later on this week to collect......
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Yesterday, I picked up
    Star Wars Tales # 19
    Spider-man #1

Tales is usually a fun read, whether it's an Infinities story or not. They do have their stinkers though. A couple of good ones this issue, like the "Breakfast Club" parody and "Into the Great Unknown" were kinda cool. My biggest problem with Tales is that many of the stories are too short.
    As for Spider-man, it's the first Spidey comic I've purchased in years. I've always liked Spidey. but never got into his comics. The art was the main reason I picked it up - the Green Goblin looks really cool in there. Marvel Knights should be a good direction for Spidey.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I got the latest Clone Wars Comic! YEAH!

Today i got Ultimate Spidey 57 and Hulk 71.

ULT spidey- This was a FANTASTIC ISSUE!!! Great to see Parker at Doc Ock's mercy and i'm hella curious how he escaped...but the kicker was: Gwen found Peters Spider-Man outfit!!! It'll be great to see how things unravel with this discovery!!

Hulk was very good with a nice quarrel between Iron Man and Hulk. I LOVE the last page where Hulk has that sniper in his hand about to crush him. It'll be nuts to see where the story goes after Jones leaves. Cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

New Comics(4/20/04)
    SuperBat 9
    Cable Deadpool 2 ( Ya think Wade is peeved he's second billed?)
    Batman Gotham Knights 52
    New Mutants 12
    Robin 125
    Daredevil 59
    New X-Men 156
    Uncanny X-Men 443

SuperBat. Turner's run on this title is awesome! And his Kara? Va va va voooooom!

Cable Deadpool. Hilarity ensues everytime Nate dispatches Wade by telekinetically exploding the back of his skull off. And dear lord in heaven, Liefeld is bringing X-Force back....somebody bring me my steel toed boots.

Gotham Knights. Another banger issue. I like how the villains get as much "screentime" as Bats. And that Joker is certifiable ain't he? WOW! (circle finger around ear...)

New Mutants. The final issue ( or so I thought) wrapped up things nicely. But ( ugh) the cover of Mutant Academy has them all in uniforms. NOOOO!

Robin. So long Tim. Hello Steph.

Daredevil. Ha. In the newest Wizard, Quesada came right out and said Bendis was Marvel's most valuable asset. Daredevil is why. I can't belives they killed the FBI guy. He was kinda cool.

New/Uncanny. Austen and Larroca wrap up the X-Universe before the reload. Decent issues. Chuck really gave Lorna her comeuppance.

New Comics(4/27/04)

Daredevil:Father 1
    Transformers G1 V3 4
    Ultimate Six 7
    GIJoe Reload 2
    Superman 204
    Punisher 5
    MK 4 5
    Avengers 496
    Batman 626
    JLA 97
    Hulk 71
    New Mutants 13
    X-Treme X-Men 46
    Ultimate Fantastic Superb Wondrous Adroitly Curiously Strong Four 5
    Green Lantern 176

Father. Quesada draws DD so barrel chested, I thought maybe he was a logger by day instead of a lawyer. Nice set up. Reminds me of the classic MWOF sereies by Miller and Romita JR. Hey! What ever happened to the little girl in that series that Matt was training. I bet shes all grown up by now. Can anyone say female Daredevil??

Transformers. Omega Supreme!! Rock!!! I could actually follow this issue. Can anyone tell me where Optimus is?

Ultimate Six. Other than sowing the seeds for Ultimate Harry to be the new Ultimate GG, this was kind of a weak ending.

GIJOE. As much as it pains me, seeing as how it was GIJoe that got me collecting again last year, this and the regular series are getting weaker every month and they are on my chopping block. There is nothing fresh about this series.

Superman. JIM LEE!!!! JIM LEEE!!!!! And a confusing "Hey we'll tell you the ending before the beginning" setup where Lois is...gone ( and Clark is Catholic apparently.)

Punisher. Ennis kicks it hardcore. My fave comic on the racks right now ( and not just because of the movie). The MAX imprint fits Frank like a glove. And Micro's back, which is cool. Lots of cussing and violence.

MK 4. Uhhhh....the Fantastic Three go camping in Jersey. What a cool book.

Avengers. I really, really like the idea that Kelsey can't tell her family who she is because her children are so much more important to her than being CapBrit. It's like the ultimate sacrifice. It's too bad Marvel feels the need to cancel and restart this series. I think tossing Bendis on board would kick up sales regardless of the issue number.

Batman. Thank goodness a decent non Azzarello story line with Penguin AND Scarecrow. But I miss Loeb and Lee. ( sniffle)

JLA. If Claremont and Byrne are TRYING to do retro, then this kitsch is allright. But what I think is happening is these two legendary titans are both pulling on opposite ends of the creative rope and were getting mediocrity right down the center. And the exclamation points on the covers make me want to slap...somebody.

Hulk. Deodato's back ( before he takes on Amazing Spidey...a Deodato drawn MJ? Bring it on!!!) considering both Hulk and Iron Man were in this, it was alittle weak. A cool cover thoough.

New Mutants. Okay the REAL final issue mixes the new group, but more importantly, rounds up the original NMs for a nice final send off before the Reload. It was very very cool, to see how all of these characters have grown and changed, but I was alittle dissappointed that noone mentioned Doug, or Illyana, or Warlock. Maybe a conversation at their gravesite or something.

Extreme. Hey, it was the last issue...

Ultimate Four. Nostalgia reigns supreme as the Fantastic Three ( Ben,Reed, and Johhny) take on a giant monster wreaking havoc through downtown NYC Ala the cover of FF #1. I hate it when the coolest books come to the last page too quickly because I always have to wait a friggin month to find out what happenes next.

Green Lantern. I just found out that after this stroy arc is done, the book gets cancelled and thay are BRINGING BACK HAL JORDAN. NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Why oh why can't a SINGLE, SOLITARY CHARACTER in comics STAY DEAD?!?!?! Yeah, Hal was the coolest GL, but the fact that DC had the balls to turn him looney and then have his best friend kill him with an arrow was uber dramatic. Heaven forfend they stick to their guns about an editorial decision.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."