Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Ultimate Spidey 58- HOLY CRAP!!!! This was a FANTASTIC issue!!! I laughed, i cried and I grinned!! The fight at the airport was great and having him jump from plane to plane was sweet. That one frame where they showed Spidey dressed in all those clothes was hilarious and when he got home to Gwen pointing a gun to his head, i nearly crapped my pants. I can't wait to see how this works out for Peter. He just can't seem to have a good day!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I picked up the third issue of Transformers Armada More Than Meets the Eye yesterday. With that the Armada series is completed. Im hoping that the next one is a Beast Wars orientated series of comics.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

I just read Uncanny X-Men 444 (Claremont's return to the title). Wasn't too impressed.

The characters (esp Bishop, who I have never liked) are all shallow
    Claremont's new villians have all sucked (The Neo, anyone?)

What'd you guys think?

I just read Uncanny X-Men 444 (Claremont's return to the title). Wasn't too impressed.

The heroes (especially Bishop, who I have never liked) seem to be lacking personality.
    Claremont has created a team of new villians...the only problem is, his more recent villians have all sucked (The Neo, anyone?). Maybe bring back one of the classics (Mr Sinister...Apocalypse...Sabretooth)

What'd you guys think?
    Last edited by BlueSnags; 05-08-2004 at 02:39 AM.

anyone pick up or see Jim Lee's new hardcover book...it's a history of all things jim lee.

it's got some wonderful color artwork in there, I'm pretty impressed. I myself didn't buy it yet but my friend did and it's definitely worth it.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Got Ult Spidey last night and read it. Looking forward to seeing how this works out with Gwen. I'll tell ya, Petey sure can't keep his secret in that Ult universe!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I got Punisher (Marvel Max) 1 and 2, as well as New X-Men: Mutant Academy #1 and Excalibur #1. The Punisher books I liked, though I've heard this story before - every time I read the title. I won't be keeping up with it. The X-Men books I haven't read yet as I'm waiting until I've finished last months books (the bridge issues of New and Uncanny) before I read all of May's X-books.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I got the latest ish of SW Empire the other day. In it Vader was reminded of Naboo and Padme, and also of wiping out a city on Falleen (as heard about in "Shadows Of The Empire"). And he basically was feeling pain or regret about how the Padme thing went.

My question is: How many more times are we going to get stories like this? They're all right every now and then, but not all the time, and that's how it seems like their coming out now.

This is my 1138th post
    Last edited by dr_evazan22; 05-23-2004 at 03:23 AM. Reason: post 1138
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This week's load (and the first in 3 weeks):

The Punisher #6 - great conclusion to the first story arc. As evident in the last page, Ennis will pull no punches with this series.
    NYX #4 - FINALLY! It was only like 4 or 5 months late! We finally find out what happened to Kiden during her absence.

Empire #20 - Seriously thinking about giving up this title. The stories have been pretty subpar, and oooooh, it's another Leia story this month!
    Give me some Han & Chewie, Luke, or the droids - not Leia or some new lame character created for a story.

Astonishing X-Men #1 - After years of not buying any X-title, I picked this up to see if it was a decent jumping back on point (and see what the hype was all about). There are a few little confusing things, but it's a good start up. I may try it for the next few months and see how it goes. But if I see that I'll need to buy every damn X-title to know what is going on, like in the past, then I'm gone.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Yeah... I fliped through that new ish of Empire, and ended up passing on it for the same reasons you stated. Although I did really like that recent story with the Amin (SP?).

Books I picked up today:

Thor 79: The end of the "Gods and Men" story. Can't wait to read this, Thor is one of my favorite current series.

Astonishing X-Men 1: I don't read very many X-books these days, but the artwork looked really nice so I decided to give it a try.

Silver Surfer 9: "Revelation part 3"... This series has been a little boring so far, I may be giving it up after the current storyline is done.

Conan 4: Another one of my favorite current series. Conan finally gets to see Hyperborea. Gonna read this one after I finish this post!

Not new releases, but I also picked up Weapon-X 23 & 24. Not one of my usual books, but it looked interesting for some reason..