Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    Conan 4: Another one of my favorite current series. Conan finally gets to see Hyperborea. Gonna read this one after I finish this.
    Totally agree with you on this. I'm so happy to see this series stick to the books. And the artwork is supurb! It's worth picking up issue #0 if you can find it.
    "Smeeeeee....Heeeeeee...." -- Kryten 4000

Just picked up: Ultimate Spidey 58, Hulk 72 and Hellboy TPB #3 "The Chained Coffin & others."

I'm really interested to see how Peter deals with Gwen finding out about his alter ego.

I was also going to get "Astonishing X-men #1" but i talked to the dude at the shop and he said that it picks up after the "new x-men" run from a while ago and it would be helpful to have read that one. After seeing that the NXM run was like 40 odd issues, i decided to cancel that.

I did put myself down for "X-Men: the End" which is due out in Aug. I can't wait to see that!!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoltar
    Totally agree with you on this. I'm so happy to see this series stick to the books. And the artwork is supurb! It's worth picking up issue #0 if you can find it.
    I was lucky enough to score issue 0 when it came out. Great book, it's a nice little prelude to the series!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I was also going to get "Astonishing X-men #1" but i talked to the dude at the shop and he said that it picks up after the "new x-men" run from a while ago and it would be helpful to have read that one. After seeing that the NXM run was like 40 odd issues, i decided to cancel that.
    Hey JMG,
    Astonishing X-Men wasn't bad. I didn't read the New X-Men stuff, and I didn't have any problems understanding what was going on. ...although nothing much really happened in this 1st ish, typical "lets make a team" stuff. It's a setup issue for sure.

I would agree, it's definitely a setup. The main point was re-introducing Kitty Pryde to the series as she hasn't been around for some time. I think they needed to add a key character as the rest of the mainstays are spread throughout the numerous monthly X-books under the "Reloaded" banner. Personally I like her, and I liked the book. I don't think it's necessary to have read the previous couple of years of X-books to jump on here. (Besides, I summarized those storylines for y'all in the X-Men thread! Go have a peek.)

I would recommend Astonishing #1 as a good read and a very sound investment. Cassaday is one of the best artists in comics, and the hype surrounding Joss Whedon's involvement in the X-family will keep this title hot for his entire 12 issue run. Unless it winds up sucking, that is.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

A big load of new issues this week - but none from this week, if you catch my drift (the delivery of new issues has been delayed until Thursday, it happens from time to time living on an island). A breakdown of the haul:

Astonishing X-Men 1 (yes, another copy - that's 4 so far) and 2
    Uncanny X-Men 444,445
    X-Men 157,158
    X-Men Unlimited 2,3
    Amazing Spidey 507,508,509
    Hulk 72,73
    FF 513,514
    Batman 627,628,629
    Daredevil 60,61
    Spectacular Spidey 13,14,15,16
    Wolverine 15,16

The bill was too high. I'm going to have to slash my list, the cash outlay for SW toys right now and for the next year and a half is going to be ridiculous so I won't be able to afford everything. I know, I know.. "boo hoo, poor jj, can't get all his siwwy comics "

Holy smokes look at this collection. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...255305647&rd=1
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I know, holy smokes! No matter what your financial situation I challenge anyone who loves comics NOT to try and start "crunching the numbers" to see how they might possibly come up with the dough. I know I did for about 4.5 seconds..... "now if I could sell the house for...."

In all seriousness though, that would be the way to do it. Buy it all at once, start a business for tax purposes and try to shill the bill with sales of the books you didn't need. I don't care about DC at all, so those key GA books would take really big bite out of the expenditure, I wager the person who makes the buy will generate a tidy profit off these (provided they go for around that 250,000 buy it now price).

Okay guys, here is my lone comic book purchase of the month: the Transformers summer special from Dreamwave. Basically four short stories from various lines (G1, Energon, RiD, and Beast Wars) packed into the book. I really liked the Beast Wars and G1 bits. Energon was alright but RiD left a sour taste in my mouth. I see they are runnning a competition to see what line will get a series between RiD and Beast Wars and im hoping it will be Beast Wars. If so its a definite pick up by me. Its a little too late for me to vote now so im hoping other Transfans made the right choice.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

This week's buys include:
    The Punisher #9 - Wow issue 9 already! Seems like just yesterday that Frank went to the Max impint. The first few issues if the current storyline weren't holding my interest so much, but the story keeps getting better and better.
    Marvel Knights Spider-man #4 - Good way to wrap up the current story (without totally wrapping it up) and a cool cliffhanger or 2 (or 3).
    Powerless #1 - Came out last week, but I picked it up this week for something new and interesting. I like the idea of this - what would the Marvel universe be like if nobody had superpowers? Even though it focuses on Peter Parker, Matt Murdock, and Logan, there are tons of really neat cameos.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I just picked up Dreamwaves Transformers War Within Volume 1 trade paperback comic book today. I believe it contains all six issues of the first War Within comic run. I like it so far, though i have yet to read all of it. What i really like about it is seeing the Autobots and Decepticons pre G1 robot and vehicle modes. The story basically covers Prime being given the Matrix and the early struggles of the Autobots against the Decepticons. Hopefully Dreamwave issues more trade paperbacks of the other Transformers lines, much cheaper to get in this form as opposed to the single issues.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay