Page 21 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Re: So, what COMICS did you buy this week?

Did anyone pick Identity Crisis #4 it's sold out here, also did anything spectacular in it if so p.m me to spill all the details
    "For what it's worth, Fett, you were never more than a nuisance"
    Ret. Galaxies BH an Alliance Pilot
    WoW 60 night elf Hunter, take that SOE

New for me this week:

Uncanny X-Men 449, 450, 451, 452 - is this book weekly??????
    Astonishing 5,6
    Amazing Spidey 512, 513
    Identity Crisis 2
    Guide to Astro City 1 shot (9.95 Canadian cover price!!!!!!!!! )
    Planetary 21
    Secret War 3
    Metal Gear Solid 1,2

Thinking of jumping back on Avengers for a few books here to see how Bendis plays out this scenario, apparently Wolverine and Spidey are coming on board. Also planning on filling in Identity Crisis as I find the issues I'm missing.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Hey again, a resurrection post for this seemingly dead thread.

New for me this week:

Uncanny X-Men 454, 455
    Astonishing X-Men 7,8
    Amazing Spider-Man 514,515
    Hulk 77,78 (welcome back Peter David)
    New Avengers 2,3
    New Iron Man 2
    Planetary 22

Haven't read any yet. Anyone else still buying comics, or is the market down turn reflected in the forum?

I didn't go in for so long, the owner of the store pulled all my comics and put them back in stock. But last week I went in, and he pulled them all back. He's cool like that.

I'm still reading Star Wars, GIJoe, and Astonishing X-Men. I've been checking out the GL: Rebirth series and, on the recommendation of the store proprietor (who has yet to steer me wrong) picked up X23 1-2 (but I've not read 'em yet). Seeing your mention of Peter David makes me think I'll be going back to Hulk soon. . . .
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I still read some - but I'm going to start weeding probably 4 -5 out in the next month or two.
    The Punisher - always a must read for me.
    Spider-man (Marvel Knights) - The big 12 part story has been really good, but once it's done, I think I am too.
    Astonishing X-Men - I'll drop this one after Whedon's run. Been a great story so far though.
    Lore - Intially picked this one up because of the art of Ashley Wood (his artwork blows me away), and I ended up really liking the story. It's like half comic book, half regular book.
    Star Wars Tales - Not crazy about the new format (wasn't crazy about the last year or so either), so I think I may be done with it.
    Star Wars Republic - So far it's been pretty good. I mainly started reading it to follow the Clone Wars. I'll stick with it for a while and see what happens after ROTS.
    Star Wars Empire - Pretty disappointing overall. It's had it's moments, but I'm probably dropping this one also.
    X23 - Picked it up out of curiosity, becuase I was really enjoying NYX (can't wait until July when they finally finish NYX!). Nothing special - not sure if I'll read it all.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I still make semi-regular trips to the comic shop. I've been following Star Wars Republic, Wolverine, and Conan since the first issues. I pick up other random books too, usually Dark Horse and Marvel stuff.

I also pick up quite a few trade paperbacks. In really prefer to read them in that format over single monthly issues.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot to say how happy I was to walk in the comic shop, and see a all-new first issue of a GrimJack series staring me in the face!!! Done by Ostrander and Truman to boot!!! I was a huge fan of the original series, especially the Flint Henry issues.
    Last edited by Reefer Shark; 02-17-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Wow, no posts in weeks! Well, I cleared out the old bin today and here's what was in there (complete with cobwebs on a couple of issues ):

Secret War 4
    Black Panther 1
    Superme Power 16
    New Avengers 4,5
    Amazing Spidey 517, 518, 519
    Hulk 79, 80
    Astonishing X-Men 9
    Uncanny X-Men 456, 457, 458

Anyone else still buying and/or reading?

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    Wow, no posts in weeks! Well, I cleared out the old bin today and here's what was in there (complete with cobwebs on a couple of issues ):

Anyone else still buying and/or reading?
    Well, as I've said many times before, I gave up comics a while back, but every Free Comic Book Day reminds me of how much fun it was. BTW, today is FCBC, and there's a ROTS Star Wars comic! So I plan to buy no comics today (well, maybe a couple others ) and yet still get comics today. Moowahhahahahahaha!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

My purchases for last week and this week:

Star Wars:Revenge of the Sith #'s 1-4
    Superman #'s 215 and 216
    Adventures of Superman # 639
    Lex Luthor:Man of Steel # 3
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    Well, as I've said many times before, I gave up comics a while back, but every Free Comic Book Day reminds me of how much fun it was. BTW, today is FCBD, and there's a ROTS Star Wars comic! So I plan to buy no comics today (well, maybe a couple others ) and yet still get comics today. Moowahhahahahahaha!
    Denied! By the time I got to the shop, he was out of the ROTS comic (in fact, the standard cliche' was true for me: the guy who left just as I was entering the shop got the last copy ). So I ended up with the FCBD little white figurine. Oh well.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(