Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    A couple that you mentioned, SK, don't interfere with each other at Marvel, either. The "Ultimate" universe is completely separate from the 616 (regular) one. The only big crossover right now is Dark Reign, which stems directly out of the recently-ended Secret Invasion (which tailed on World War Hulk, which was born out of the Civil War which was spawned by the House of M which wouldn't have occurred without the 2nd Secret War - copy?).

Never mind. Marvel does have too many big mega crossovers. :head spinning:
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Been a few months since my last purchase.

Today I picked up:

Walking Dead 54-56
    Ult. spidey annual #3 and #127
    Hulk- 7-8
    Ult. X-men/ UFF annual #1 (which I thought was just Ult X-men only, guess i'll sell that back in a few weeks).

I also canceled my issues of the Incredible Hercules as it's still just Herc. I thought it'd go back to Hulk, but I guess not. Still don't know why Hulk morphed into that after WWH ended.

They're holding the new Ghostbusters issues #2 and #3 in my box as they were out of #1. I think my folks snagged #1 for me tonight in dayton, so i'll grab the other two tomorrow.

I was also told that Ultimate X-Men is ending after issue #100. I guess it's for the best. I'm still waiting for #98, which I guess is REALLY late.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 12-18-2008 at 02:26 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well today I bought:

Trinity #29
    Supergirl #36
    Booster Gold #15 (for some reason it didn't ship last week)
    Tangent: Superman's Reign #10 (of 12)

Still looking for Terra #4 of 4, they were sold out.

I also picked up Angel and The Dresden Files for my wife.

Not much going on next week, probably just Trinity and Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom.
    May the force be with you.

Won a decent combined eBay deal on the first appearance of one of my favorite (and fairly unknown) villains, the Taskmaster, in Avengers #195 and 196. Have yet to read them, but that won't be long. George Perez is an underrated artist, IMHO, with an active style that's still well-detailed and crisp.
    "That's what Sheev said."

George Perez is an underrated artist, IMHO, with an active style that's still well-detailed and crisp.
    Underrated?!?!

Perez was the major player in the DC "Crisis of Infinite Earths" and is considered a god among men by many DC fans.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_killer_99 View Post
    Well today I bought:

Supergirl #36
    Booster Gold #15 (for some reason it didn't ship last week)
    Tangent: Superman's Reign #10 (of 12)
    I got those 3 along with Clone Wars #3, Buffy #20, GI Joe #0, Green Lantern Corps #31

Good call on GLC #31! "Blackest Night" is going to be AWESOME!!!

Did you get "Rage of the Red Lanterns" yet?

Good call on GLC #31! "Blackest Night" is going to be AWESOME!!!

Did you get "Rage of the Red Lanterns" yet?
    Rage of the Red Lanterns was just a one shot, right? If so, I have it. I find that if I don't go to the comic store weekly or every other week, it gets hard to keep track of titles...For instance I haven't managed to get all the New Krypton titles yet.

It was a "tie in" to the Final Crisis" though it was a tie in, in name only. So yes it is a one shot.

The New Krypton series is awesome! The only down side is the cross overs, though it does allow them to advance the story line weekly as opposed to drawing it out. I am up to date, so far, It did take me a while to find #3 the Adventure Comics Special featuring The Guardian.

Underrated?!?!

Perez was the major player in the DC "Crisis of Infinite Earths" and is considered a god among men by many DC fans.
    I agree with you, SK. I just don't hear his name mentioned too often with others' all-time greats (Kirby, Byrne, Adams, Wood, Ditko, Simonson, Chaykin, Miller, Romita, Lee, McFarlane, et al).
    "That's what Sheev said."