Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Beta Ray Bill Godhunter #3
    Blackest Night #2
    Batman and Robin #3
    Batman #689
    Batgirl #1

Today's comics purchase was brought to you by the letter B, and the number $3.99 cover price.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Today's comics purchase was brought to you by the letter B, and the number $3.99 cover price.
    Batman and Robin is still $2.99 (I have no idea about the others).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    and the number $3.99 cover price.
    Seriously!

$2.99... $3.99... what's the difference really? I wish someone would realize that casual sales might increase for comic books, if they tried to bring prices back down to around a dollar.
    plasticfetish.net

Agreed. If it's an "outdated" medium, then make it an "outdated" price. Why should I shell out a gallon of gas worth of moola for a story book? But if I could get two for that (heaven forbid, THREE?!?) price, I'd consider it, if I was a young lad with coins in my pocket.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

They need to stop overpaying talent (I'm not saying screw anyone over, but, really, $14K creative budget per issue for, usually, three or four guys) and put ads back in them. Also put them on newsstands, because printing is cheaper in bulk; sure, you have to throw some out due to the way the process works, but the casual sales should make up for it. And drop them to the $1.50-$2.00 range, which is where they should be factoring inflation to pre-Liefeld era prices.

Quality of paper apparently doesn't matter; printing technology is so much better than it used to be that the difference really is negligible when it comes to cost.

Didn't Marvel try and print 2 versions of certain titles for a little while (in late 90's?) where a cheaper version was on a lower grade paper and a higher priced, deluxe version on higher (now standard) quality paper?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Those were in the days of 1,138 different covers of each comic, some bagged with cards or tatoos or plutonium, or foldouts with maps to Gotham City's only free public pay toilet. That's when I left the hobby (except for various SW issues I sought out), and have only been a lurker ever since.

I also seem to recall there was some reason the more expensive one sold better. Like it came out a week earlier, or the cheaper version wasn't available on the direct market, or something really shady like that.

Today...

Batman: The Widening Gyre (#1)
    Batman (#690)
    Blackest Night - Batman (#1, #2)
    plasticfetish.net