Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

SW Clone Wars #10
    SW Purge one-shot
    SW Invasion #5

Snagged Indy and the LC limited series #1-4.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Blackest Night #5
    Green Lantern # 48 (plus free Green Lantern ring)
    Justice League of America #39 (plus free Red Lantern ring)

Oh those Lantern rings!

Blackest Night #5 (Missed #4 BTW... don't know how that happened.)
    Justice League of America #39
    Adventure Comics #4
    Batman Unseen #5 (Loved this series!)

Oh, and slightly off topic, but I also picked up a Blackest Night (series 2) Martian Manhunter figure. It's keen!

+

Fall of the Hulks - Alpha (I'm having a hard time getting into anything that Marvel does really, but this looked sort of fun.)

Speaking of Marvel... well... older books anyway. Did I ever post a picture of this book that I picked up at the thrift store for $1 a little while ago? (Some of you will know why this made me gasp.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x-men_094.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	22075  
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Speaking of Marvel... well... older books anyway. Did I ever post a picture of this book that I picked up at the thrift store for $1 a little while ago? (Some of you will know why this made me gasp.)
    Is it a non-Whitman reprint? Wow... impressive, most impressive. Thrift store bargains like that are as rare as a 9.9 CCG rated Amazing Fantasy #15.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Is it a non-Whitman reprint? Wow... impressive, most impressive. Thrift store bargains like that are as rare as a 9.9 CCG rated Amazing Fantasy #15.
    It's original (I didn't know they did reprints of this), but it's not in "mint" condition by a long shot either. It has stains, creases, and fading... pretty much the kind of condition you'd expect from something that was obviously bought to be read.

Funny too, because I didn't get into the X-men until a few years after this had come out (maybe '78 or '79), and by then the book was going for way more than any kid could afford. I remember sitting around with friends and talking about how we'd love to collect back to #94, but it was never going to happen.
    plasticfetish.net

Oldest one I have is #100 (it's probably F/VF, and I got it for $20 about :gasp: 20 years back). Back when that series was current, I would've been a Spiderman or Batman or Super Heroes/Superman or Hulk "collector" (meaning mom and dad knew I liked those and would buy one that I would readreadreadread until the staples yelled "stop!" Awesome score, PF.

I am about 6 issues away from completing the old Marvel Indiana Jones series, none of which has been bought for more than $4, I believe (most less than $2).

Blackest Night #6

Probably the weakest thus far of the Blackest Night issues, which otherwise have been outstanding. The artwork was top notch though.

Now only need about 5 or 6 to complete The Further Adventures of Indiana Jones marvel series. Also have the limited series for the films (3 of RotLA, 3 of IJatToD, and 4 of IJatLC) now as well.