Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post

Yeah, I thought it was okay. I'm sort of assuming that things are actually leading somewhere with all of this, so I'm willing to play along for now.
    At first, the thought of Dick Grayson assembling his own version of the JLA with the former Teen Titans seemed inspired. After all, wouldn't the implied goal be to have these heroes mature into the eventual replacements for the league much like I always assumed that the New Mutants in the 80s would at some point become the X-Men. But a talking gorilla and an Adam Power-lookalike? The JLA and the Avengers should, IMHO, be comprised of the heavy hitters. That said, I loved the JLI to death and still consider it to be the pinnacle of the league in terms of storytelling.

X-Men Forever: Volume 1 arrived a few days ago. It's not stellar, and I'm not believing for a minute this is what Claremont had in mind 19 years ago, but it was entertaining and would've seemed to be more decently written if it weren't by Claremont (who, no matter how mediocre he's gotten on other books, still is compared to his classic run on Uncanny X-Men). Even if it's essentially a What If?, it's the best new Marvel Universe comic I've read since, well, at least Morrison's run on New X-Men. That's pretty sad, but it's enough that I'll probably read at least another volume or two before making a final decision as to whether to continue or not. It's just good enough that, without any major letdowns, I'm leaning toward "yes," but I'm far less excited about it than I am about IDW's GIJoe line or any of a number of older comics I've been reading.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

War of the Supermen #1 and #2
    Justice League: Generation Lost #1
    Birds of Prey #1
    The Flash #2
    Batgirl #10
    plasticfetish.net

last week...

Brightest Day #2
    JLA #45
    War of the Supermen #3
    Titans: Villains for Hire Special
    Zatanna #1
    Legion of Super-Heroes #1
    Tank Girl: The Royal Escape #3

this week...

Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne #2 (Somehow I missed #1. I really need to get a box at my local shop.)
    Justice League Generation Lost #2
    Green Lantern #54
    Green Lantern Corps #48
    plasticfetish.net

last week:

Green Lantern #54
    Green Lantern Corps #48

I am finally getting around to reading the Indiana Jones Marvel series of books that I completed months back. Some plots are cheesy, even for IJ, sometimes. Still have about 10 more to read, plus the IJatLS limited series.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am finally getting around to reading the Indiana Jones Marvel series of books that I completed months back. Some plots are cheesy, even for IJ, sometimes. Still have about 10 more to read, plus the IJatLS limited series.
    I finished reading this before I headed out for vacation. There was a comment in one of the letters column ("Readers of the Lost Ark" ) that Marion's lack of recent appearances would be addressed in issue #35. And the series cut out on what issue number? (when they just left the blank on the subscription ad between GI Joe and Iron Man).
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."