Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Ah, I remember the $30 a week habit...
    Well, seeing as how I don't spend as much as $30 a year on Hasbro toys anymore, I'm OK with a few comic books every week... as long as they continue to entertain me.

And speaking of entertainment...

Brightest Day #5
    Brightest Day: The Atom Special #1
    JSA All-Stars #8
    Batman and Robin #13
    Batman Odyssey #1 (Awesome! Neal Adams is my absolute favorite comic artist. And then to see that Michael Golden inked a few pages... brilliant.)
    plasticfetish.net

Brightest Day #6
    Batman Beyond #2
    Zatanna #3
    Green Lantern 56
    Green Lantern Corps 50

This week...

Batman Beyond #1 and #2 (Catching up.)
    Brightest Day #7
    Batman Odyssey 32
    JSA All-Stars #9
    Superman: The Last Family on Krypton #1

Last week...

Green Lantern Corps #50
    Green Lantern #56
    Justice League of America #47
    Green Arrow #2
    The Flash #4
    Justice League: Generation Lost #6

Just before that...

Avengers the Origin #4 (Wow, look... a marvel book.)

Time Master: Vanishing Point #1
    Justice Society of America #41
    Brightest Day #6
    Zatana #3
    Legion of Superheroes #3
    DCU: Legacies #3
    Superman #701
    Justice League: Generation Lost #5
    Batgirl #12
    Birds of Prey #3
    Batman #701
    plasticfetish.net

Brightest Day #7
    SW The Old Republic #2 - this one was really awful and just seemed to jump from scene to scene without rhyme or reason. I'm giving up on it already.

PF, what are your thinks on Odyssey? All the reviews I've seen are really negative. But it is Neal Adams, and you said Golden inked some, so I think I'll still check it out. It's gotta be better than all this time-traveling Batman, a homicidal son as Robin, the Ventriloquist dead and Anarky replaced with a generic buttmunch villain blasphemy they're publishing now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    PF, what are your thinks on Odyssey? All the reviews I've seen are really negative. But it is Neal Adams, and you said Golden inked some, so I think I'll still check it out. It's gotta be better than all this time-traveling Batman, a homicidal son as Robin, the Ventriloquist dead and Anarky replaced with a generic buttmunch villain blasphemy they're publishing now.
    Well... I'll be honest, I can't imagine ever buying or not buying a comic book based on someones "review" of that book. My relationship with comic books in general (right now especially) has always been about what looks good (the art) and what's fun to read. Decades worth of alternate dimensions, mirror universes and other lame gimmicks that Marvel and DC have used to muddy and confuse things have turned me off, but I've managed to get a handle on what's happened since Battle for the Cowl, so I'm gonna run with it.

With that said, Batman Odyssey is only two issues so far (out of twelve), so it's hard for me to judge yet. I love the way it looks, and am into the story, so I'll run with it also.

And speaking of "running with it", this week I picked up...

Batman #702
    Green Arrow #3 (Something needs to actually start happening in that story.)
    Justice League of America #48
    Justice League Generation Lost #8
    Legion of Superheroes #4
    Time Masters Vanishing Point #2

and

Tank Girl: Hairy Heroes
    plasticfetish.net

Odyssey, being a flashback (at least it looks like a flashback) by Neal Adams, was one I was seriously considering, unless folks said it stunk. I've read some bad reviews on some sites, but it seems like I actually like the things fanboys are complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    but it seems like I actually like the things fanboys are complaining about.
    As a rule, I think it's probably good to pick up a book and look it over... and decide for yourself. I've never been clear on what constitutes a "fanboy" really, but then again I suppose I don't care. There's something liberating about being a 40-ish year old guy that's been a Batman fan since Cesar Romero was the Joker. I just don't feel obligated to worry about what some kid less than half my age thinks.

The thing that I have been enjoying about DC lately (and who knows, maybe Marvel is doing the same thing, but I've no idea), is that they're using older guys on occasion... Neil Adams, Len Wein, Joe Kubert. I like the idea that they're still connected to their publishing history in a significant way. Or maybe it's just that I'm a little more interested in the idea that they have a longer history of stories and a broader range of characters to play with... I dunno.
    plasticfetish.net

I recall the seemingly cosmic pull towards colelcting every issue of those multi-title multi-month crossovers in the mid/late 80s/early 90s (Millennium, Marvel's summer Annuals storylines like Atlantis Attacks and such, Mutant Massacre, Fall of the Mutants, The Great Mutant Caper, etc.). Afterwards, I felt like I'd been taken for a dull ride on most.

But that was a long time ago, when a buck could get you an entire comic sometimes!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(