Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    But that was a long time ago, when a buck could get you an entire comic sometimes!
    I think it was probably around '83 when I quit seriously collecting comic books as a kid. I remember freaking out as the price neared one dollar.
    plasticfetish.net

Brightest Day #8
    Zatanna #4

I forgot to get those last week

Brightest Day #9
    JSA All-Stars #10
    Superman: The Last Family of Krypton #2
    Freedom Fighters #1 (not so sure about this one yet...)
    plasticfetish.net

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers TPB

Okay, I was looking forward to this one. The IDW Transformers universe has shot so far to hell following the fustercluck that was All Hail Megatron that it's unreadable, but I've read nothing but praise for this series. It was... well, it was light years better than AHM or the new ongoing series, I'll give it that. However, it was just a mess of fanfic--better than average fanfic, granted, but hardly professional quality. Two of the three new guys are pretty much indistinguishable, the color is so monotonous that it's tough to follow the sometimes muddy artwork, and there are plot holes you could easily drive Metroplex through in his gigantonormous tank mode.

My conclusion is that, after the mess of AHM, Transformers comics have become so bad that the only other people who are still reading them are the sort of TF supergeeks who think you're not a fan if you don't own all the Japanese Transformers and be able to recite the entire run of Headmasters. And that the regular series is so godawfully bad that even "barely passable" seems like Watchmen in comparison. (Seriously, there was a blurb on the back on this book comparing it to Watchmen. The nerve!)

GIJoe Origins Volume 3 TPB

I'm only halfway through (have read Beach Head and Baroness, still need to read Ripcord and Snow Job). Much better than the other book that came in the mail yesterday. That said, it's good but not especially great. By the nature of the series, the stories are stand-alone origin stories, which most modern comic writers seem to have real problems with. Beach Head's is great, but seems incomplete. The Baroness's story is even more incomplete, though at least it has a clear beginning, middle, and end, and some pretty awesome art that reminds me a bit of a cartoonier Bill Sienkiewicz. I'd recommend this for Joe fans, though, truth be told, I'm looking forward to the Classic GIJoe Volume 9 that should be arriving soon.

cha gio
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    However, it was just a mess of fanfic--better than average fanfic, granted, but hardly professional quality. Two of the three new guys are pretty much indistinguishable, the color is so monotonous that it's tough to follow the sometimes muddy artwork, and there are plot holes you could easily drive Metroplex through in his gigantonormous tank mode.
    So...it's for fans of the movies?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Brightest Day #10
    Batman Beyond #4
    Zatanna #5
    Superman/Batman Annual #4 - I guess this was a 2nd print as I missed out on it a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Brightest Day #11
    Buffy # 37
    Too bad it wasn't issue #38, so you'd be able to post this in the 1138 thread!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega