Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 36424344454647 LastLast
    Went on a quest to find the latest SW: Dark Times. After two comic shops and a couple of bookstores, I finally found it.

Finally got a chance to catch up a bit this week. Picked up All-New X-Men 7-9 and Uncanny X-Men 1-3. This is the new Uncanny X-Men book that follows Cylcops' "Extinction Team" consisting of himself, Emma Frost, Magick and Magneto as well as the new mutant kids they've been "rescuing."

Cyclops is definitely becoming more militant and they're hinting that one of the members from the 1960s team might break off and join his "Mutant Revolution." I'm betting it's going to be Angel, since he's the one who's been strongly against them staying in their future/our present right from the very beginning. Of course, it could be young Cyclops as well.

It's also kind of interesting to see how much Jean Grey is abusing her new telepathic powers without Professor X around to keep tabs on her.

I read a comic titled Stump that I'm sure no one here has even owned. Ever. Especially not the Forumite from post #452. You all should get a copy; it's pretty good.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I bought a copy of that and it came in the mail yesterday, but little children haven't allowed me to read it yet.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I read a comic titled Stump that I'm sure no one here has even owned. Ever. Especially not the Forumite from post #452. You all should get a copy; it's pretty good.
    Cool! I'm glad you liked it. I'm working on writing the second issue now; but it'll probably be a couple months before I get enough money together to get that one printed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I bought a copy of that and it came in the mail yesterday, but little children haven't allowed me to read it yet.
    Well, if you can pry it away for a moment, let me know what you think of it.

Picked up a copy of All Star Superman TPB (the single collected version). So far, pretty good. Seeing the movie first spoils a lot of it but it still has its own charm (although some of the art in the first couple issues is a little odd).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Picked up a copy of All Star Superman TPB (the single collected version). So far, pretty good. Seeing the movie first spoils a lot of it but it still has its own charm (although some of the art in the first couple issues is a little odd).
    I love All Star Superman. The animated film cut out a bunch, so there is plenty to discover. The Bizarro/Zibarro segment went on a bit long for me, but the series was so well done and so much fun.

"That's the tragedy of all this ... We'll always be friends." Green Lantern #20 was a worthy end to John's run. The past two years of issues were weak. This one was far from. I cannot fathom how anyone can do anything else of significance with these characters, much the way I felt after Hickman left both FF titles. Johns is very good. I think only Hickman and Brubaker are better storytellers. Kieron Gillen is also exceptional (at least his Journey into Mystery run was).

Picked up Transformers: Robots in Disguise #17 and TF Spotlight Hoist (which takes part in the MTMTE storyline). Haven't read the Spotlight yet, read issue 5 of All Star Superman (it was ok but a little easy) and RID 17 (Shockwave looks back on his life in preparation for the next big event ).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

All-Star Superman is one of the best Superman stories I've ever read. And I say that as someone who generally finds Morrison vastly overrated. (He's good, but, to listen to a lot of his fans, he's better than a Serpentor-style clone of the greatest comic book writers ever.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.