Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647
    Stump #1. Destined to be a classic!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Tried to pick up TF More Than Meets the Eye 17, but my shop didn't get it in.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    All-Star Superman is one of the best Superman stories I've ever read. And I say that as someone who generally finds Morrison vastly overrated. (He's good, but, to listen to a lot of his fans, he's better than a Serpentor-style clone of the greatest comic book writers ever.)
    I hear ya. I think what's so brilliant here is the ability to capture the flavor of all the different eras of Superman in a modern expression without stepping on itself. Yet it's so easy for fans to take something that works and treat its creator as the end-all be-all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have a question for you regular, weekly comics buyers out there. What is your shop's policy on pull-lists? I missed the #1 issue of the new The Star Wars Lucas draft mini series, so I figured I'd go to the shop and ask if I could have them pull just those seven remaining books. The clerk had me fill out a form (name, address, phone, credit card info INCLUDING THE 3-DIGIT SECURITY CODE from the card back, titles or characters wanted pulled, etc.) that said the minimum pull total is 10 titles (I only wanted one title, and they said "oh, there's no minimum" ). When I asked why they needed the security code from my card, he said it is an actual contract, so that allows them to charge me if I fail to buy the pulled comics (within their 30-day period). I left the store. And I tore up the semi-completed form on my way out.

My question is: is that a standard procedure? To charge for books not picked up? To ask for very sensitive security info?
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I don't know. That sounds really extreme, but, then again, none of the local places would even entertain my requests to pull each issue of Transformers Regeneration One because I only wanted that. I think it depends on the store and the management, and some of them are run by arses.

That sort of agreement sounds like something that could be legally binding for anyone with the poor sense to complete it. What would they do if you requested ten titles, and, by some fluke, nine of them were cancelled?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I know that a lot of people abused the "pull list" thing at my local comic book store from back in the 90s, when I actually had a local comic book store. People would ask them to hold books with no intention of buying them until several weeks, or even months, later. That store went out of business back in '97 or '98. So I can understand the dilemma from the store's point of view. However, I would never give a credit card number just for a few comic books.

The current comic book store I go to isn't local (it's 40 miles away), but I don't even bother asking them to pull titles for me. Mainly because I don't want to be committed to buying the books every month.

In one of the many "What [insert almost ANYTHING here] are you?" quizzes floating around the holocyberinterwebnet, I got 16 of their 20 Marvel questions. I don't recall reading many of those storylines, but just knowing the characters (and cheating with their artwork picture choices ) said I still knows me some Marvel universe details. Haven't regularly read a non-SW comic book series in probably 2 decades, too.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."