Creature from the Black Lagoon DVD?

I was wondering if "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" was released on DVD?Its one of my favorites,(it was filmed 30 minutes from my house) and since it was hitting the 50th Year Anni,maybe they would do something special.Is it out there?Am I not looking hard enough?
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

It's on dvd, but it's out of print like the other Universal Studios monsters.

As for anything special, I don't know of anything planned for it.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Thanks JBF.I'll have to look at a Comic Book Shop or something similar that deals with out-of-print DVDs
    Treat your stepmother with respect Pantera, or you'll be sleeping in the streets!!

Good luck. I've seen these classic monster films reach the $50 mark and beyond when on ebay and other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneJediGirl
    I was wondering if "The Creature From the Black Lagoon" was released on DVD?Its one of my favorites,(it was filmed 30 minutes from my house) and since it was hitting the 50th Year Anni,maybe they would do something special.Is it out there?Am I not looking hard enough?
    Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)
    DVD Release Date: August 28, 2001
    Studio: Universal Studios
    Format: Black & White, Closed-captioned
    Rated: Unrated
    DVD Features:
    Production notes
    Theatrical trailer(s)
    Making Of
    Audio Commentary
    Production Stills
    Full-screen format
    ASIN: 0783240953
    Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954) DVD
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]"Bring me kittens and puppies to strangle ... I'm fresh out of Imperial officers!"[/FONT]

I don't know if you bought the dvd or not, IJG, but there's been some rumors that Universal will rerelease these dvd's to coincide with the release of Van Helsing's theatrical release.

I havent goten the DVD yet,Thanks for the update JBF

Yes, ALL of Universal's Monster movies are on DVD but out of print. And a shame too, they could make a killing by releasing them again. I'm hoping that we'll see them again but "any time soon" is not looking good.

JJB, have you heard anything?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Those old Universal monster movies are great. I have a bunch on tape, not DVD.

My personal fave (from the 50s) is the Mole People. John Agar and Hugh Beaumont (yes, Ward Cleaver!) are scientists in Nepal and Alan Napier (Alfred from Batman) is a high priest for a culture that's thought to have been exict for thousands of years.