Thread: Ssx3

Ssx3

Just wondering if anyone else picked upthis game. I have it for PS2 and it rocks. I would recommened this game if you like snowboarding.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Yeah I picked this game up as part of TRU's buy 2 get 1 free offer they have going on. I got mine for the X-box but haven't thrown it in yet. I'll probably play it today after watching some football but it looks fantastic and I'm sure I'll love it as much as the other 2.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I also picked up the Xox version during TRU's sale. It's a great game. I'm not to far into it yet, but am loving it so far.

Is it just me, or do the courses seem faster? Even with a new character it seems like you just fly down the mountain.

The only thing I have a problem with is the instruction manual. It seems like they put less and less into them so you have to buy the stratigy guide. Like you you buy more gear for your character- there is a bar to the left that either increases or decreases when you change gear... but what does that mean? You're heavier and go faster with a fuller bar, or you're lighter and can do trickes better with a less full bar, or what?

Plus, are there different character types this time, like Freestyle that do tricks better vs alpine that go faster? It seems like there is, but there is no mention of it.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.

I have completed all but the last challenge on Peak 3. I can not seem toget more points then Psymon on the way down the mountain. I was up by 9000 points on him 90% down and he ended up beating me by 50,000. I mean What the Hell!!!!.

I have unlocked 13 characters so far. Igot a cow and a ninja plus a bunch of others. I dont understand the concept of the 2 bars either., but with Moby, I won a shield and a knights helmet. Pretty darn cool if ya ask me. I cant be knocked down at all. The best character as far as tricks go is Marisol so far. She gets the most hieght and does the quickest ubers. You need to buy her under cheat characters at 2nd peak Lodge. I think it is 40,000 for her.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.

I have the cube version, very cool game. One problem I have had is on Peak three and in the main trick challenge I can't get more than 300000 points. And it requires you to get at least 550000 to get the gold, any suggestions.
    Bad Panda, No Bamboo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess that is the thirty minute downhill, through all the peaks. The only thing i can suggest is doing tricks quickly, soyou get that combo bonus. It adds upreal quick. Also, I think you should gothrough the area that has the 2,3,5,10,20,100 times bonuses. Try to grab as many of those as possible, and try not to use the speed boost to much.

Who did you use to beat Psymon in the trick challenge? I cant beat him. I have come the closest with Marisol, but he gets ridiculous amounts of points near the end.

Got this when it came out and I think the game is great! I was a complete SSX Tricky addict, and when this came out I just had to have it. Unfortunately KOTOR came out shortly after SSX 3, and I haven't played SSX 3 since.
    [url=http://www.sandtroopers.com][img]http://www.chrisrhoads.com/st.jpg[/img][/url]