Question Snowspeeder tow cable

The other day I was looking at an old Kenner catalog and was reading the description of some of the vehicles and playsets. In the description of the snowspeeder they say "[The] harpoon is removable and comes with a two foot string to capture the AT-AT." Now the string on my snowspeeder is far short of two feet. Because it's not originally mine my question is how long was the string for the snowspeeder and what color was it? Any help would be much appreciated.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Hmm, my brother had (has) the vintage one, but it is far away from where I live so I can't check up on it easily. In any case, I recall that the square piece was the same color as the ship and the string was black. Can't remember how long it was, but I don't remember it being anywhere near 2 feet. But I'm relying on old memories for this, so hopefully someone else that has one at hand can better answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    The other day I was looking at an old Kenner catalog and was reading the description of some of the vehicles and playsets. In the description of the snowspeeder they say "[The] harpoon is removable and comes with a two foot string to capture the AT-AT." Now the string on my snowspeeder is far short of two feet. Because it's not originally mine my question is how long was the string for the snowspeeder and what color was it? Any help would be much appreciated.
    The box on the back of the speeder was the same color as the ship. The harpoon was a dull flat grey color and the string was black -- about 12-15 inches -- it will not wrap around the snow speeder end to end all the way -- just right bacy to the gun itself. (wraping from front to back)

hope this helps...
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

Thank you. Ever since I got my snowspeeder this has been bugging me: Do I have an original string or a replacement. The string on mine is about 13 inches (in the right range it sounds like) but its brown. I could careless if the string is original, but I'd like to know. Thanks again for helping me clarify this.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    The string on mine is about 13 inches (in the right range it sounds like) but its brown.

Ahhh, but take back one kadaam to honor the Hebrew God who's Speeder this is...

They're digging in the wrong place!

Definitely not the original string.

(As he grabs tow hook out of air) "Bad lengths"

I do not recall my tow hook cable being two feet long, either. What I do remember is that it was always getting tangled, so I just took it off completely. No AT-AT attacking for me, I guess. I now no longer have a tow cable at all.
    "That's what Sheev said."