The search for R3-T7

This question is a simple one. I cannot for the life of me find R3-T7 (sneak peak droid) in Episode II no matter how many times I have seen the film. I've looked hard too, but no luck. Can anyone identify what scene this droid appears in so I can see him for myself.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Hmmm, I'd forgotten entirely about that droid. I remember someone asking this a while back but never coming to a conclusion. Perhaps it will one day be answered officialy .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Pendo
    Hmmm, I'd forgotten entirely about that droid. I remember someone asking this a while back but never coming to a conclusion. Perhaps it will one day be answered officialy .

PENDO!

I've heard he appears outside the outlander nightclub during the chase scene. I'll have to pop the movie in to confirm though.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

There's a couple threads around here somewhere. But watch the background behind Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Zam when they bring her out of the club after chopping her arm off. He rolls by the opening of the alley.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think I found him....kinda.

Not IN the movie, but on the Puppets to Pixels DVD documentary. There's a shot set up between Obi-Wan and Dexter. You can see R3-T7 and an R4 droid sitting outside of the diner.

I'll double check the movie after I finish watching the Doc.
    Shop at the SOFA-KING Big Sofa Store

Where the sofas are SOFA-KING big!

Binksy is quite right, he's there plain as day in the background when the Jedi pull Zam the one armed bandit out of the club.

Once you find him, you'll notice him every time. Whenever I watch the movie I find it necessary to look at him.

I thought he was in the very beginning, on the landing platform. A droid gets blown off the platform when Padme's ship (and the decoy) is blown up.

Well, from the production team....

Hello all,

Don Bies is a member of the R2 Builders and has offered us all sorts of inside info on everything Astromech (if you check his website above, be sure to click on his film credits - really impressive). Anyway he told us the following when we asked him for the whereabouts of R3-T7 bearing in mind the effort made for the toy;

The R3 was used as a background droid in the Coruscant scenes. Evidently, he was too much in the background, as you can't see him in any of the scenes we used him in. As to why they made a sneak toy of him with an electrical charge, I guess one would have to ask the licensing department and/or Hasbro. No scene was written or filmed like that whatsoever

So there you have it, no electrical discharge scene and - apparently no R3-T7 at all? What is the exact time that R3-T7 can be seen? Let me know and I'll post it to the group

jeddah
    eVerlasTing