Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is your favorite Star Wars films to collect from?

Even though I genuinely love all the films and have greedily snapped up figures and ships from each and every one --- I have begun to realize lately that one in particular is clearly my favorite to collect from by a mile.

A NEW HOPE

I simply can't get enough toys from Episode IV. It contains my two favorite "toy" sequences. Artoo & Threepio on the Sandcrawler. And then --of course -- the Cantina. As many of you must know, I won't rest until I get my Sandcrawler and each and every Cantina alien or obscure Jawa droid is immortalized in plastic.

What makes my obsession with A New Hope even more curious --- is that I actually believe Empire Strikes Back is probably the better film. Hmmm, I guess, there just aren't enough wacky droids or aliens in Episode V for my taste. . .

Do you have a favorite film to collect? If so, which? And why that Episode? I'm really quite curious as to what everybody has to say on this. .

Good post Mark.
    I understand what you are saying about your preference for ANH toys over ESB because it does feel like there is more variety in the first film.

Personally my favorite to collect from is Attack of the Clones. It's also my most frustrating because I'm still waiting for a good Anakin. Obi-Wan needs a decent figure, too.
    I just recently got Wedding Padme, Wat Tambor, and Dannl Faytonni - all 3 of which were on my most wanted list. With Ack Med-Beq and ESPECIALLY Bail Organa on the way, I still have much to look forward to.
    That and AOTC is my favorite movie in the series so that imfluences my collecting "wants" as well.

Historically speaking, I can tell you that ESB has probably been my favorite movie to collect from. There is just something about the Hoth sequences which I have always been attracted to ever since I was a kid.

As a teen and then adult as I started collecting POTF2, I kept that Hoth passion and I always went nuts for new ESB Bounty Hunters (a favorite scene of mine even as a kid - Bossk rules!) and I really enjoyed collecting the Cloud City stuff. Lando, Lobot, and Ugnaughts are quite fun and they are among my favorites.
    I thought the POTF2 Bespin Luke was well done and I was reminded of my enjoyment of the vintage version with the yellow lightsaber.

Currently my 2 favorite toy/scene setups are Hoth: Bacta Luke with 2-1B and FX-7 and also Naboo: Wedding Padme and Anakin (even though the Anakin is overrated and kinda crappy in some ways).

i will have to say the movies i like to collect are as follow

ATOC
    ROTJ
    ESB
    ANH
    TPM

I collect every single figure from every movie. I never choose over them and base my collecting desires on a specific movie.

But to answer your question I have to say that I love the classic films mainly.

I always get giddy over ROTJ figures first. I love Jabba's Palace and Endor stuff.

My second favorite figure film to collect for is A New Hope. Like you the Cantina just drives me nuts, and some of the coolest Droids are in that film: R1-G4, and CZ are in to just name a few.

ESB will come in 3rd

TPM is my next favorite film to have figures made. There are some they haven't made yet and I am drooling for them. Like Rip Teers, the podracers, and the Nemodian Bridge crew. The characters in Episode I just look really cool

AOTC is really a dissappointing line so far. There are too many statues, and many figures just are just poorly executed. Padme Wedding, Ayy Vid, Elan Sleazbaggano, Coleman Trebor, and every Anakin. If they set the standard for these figs higher it could be a great line. I still collect all of the figures, and I admire them, but I cherish the rest of the film figures. In the end I am really excited to hear about new figures for the first 4 mentioned films. For AOTC I am moderately pleased.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I'm with Caesar in saying "Good post!"

And with Jaff in preference. I pretty much try to get one of everything, so my purchasing preferences wouldn't suggest a favorite, but I do tend to keep my OT stuff out on display for a longer time than any of the Prequel figures.

For storage, I separate the little guys out into their respective movies (this "line" garbage becomes moot after the bubbles come off). By far, ESB has the least unique figures of them all although it has some of the more interesting ones. But the aliens from ROTJ and ANH really bring a lot of "fun" to the hobby whereas, whenever I get a "human" it is more like I'm just filling in that gap in the collection.

I love getting stuff from ANH, but I'm mostly OT collector. I do get stuff from TPM and AOTC, but I have passed on a lot from those two movies with the exception of 3.75 inch figures. I passed on a lot of ships unless I found them on clearance. I didn't buy the 12" Jar Jar just because I coldn't stand the character, and I'm a completist, or at least I try.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

The Phantom Menace for me.

You might think it's daft, but it's what got me back into collecting and I am safe in the knowledge that I will have every TPM figure - an unattainable goal for me for any OT films.

That and the fact that there is so much variety in that film too - we see so many different places. there are plenty of figures I would like to see made (or remade in may cases) from TPM.

After that, then it has to be ROTJ - I just love them Ewoks and Jabba's aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by mark2d2
    Even though I genuinely love all the films and have greedily snapped up figures and ships from each and every one --- I have begun to realize lately that one in particular is clearly my favorite to collect from by a mile.

A NEW HOPE

I simply can't get enough toys from Episode IV. It contains my two favorite "toy" sequences. Artoo & Threepio on the Sandcrawler. And then --of course -- the Cantina. As many of you must know, I won't rest until I get my Sandcrawler and each and every Cantina alien or obscure Jawa droid is immortalized in plastic.

What makes my obsession with A New Hope even more curious --- is that I actually believe Empire Strikes Back is probably the better film. Hmmm, I guess, there just aren't enough wacky droids or aliens in Episode V for my taste. . .

Do you have a favorite film to collect? If so, which? And why that Episode? I'm really quite curious as to what everybody has
    to say on this. .
    Wow! Thatīs EXACTLY the same thread- word by word you posted over at the Rebelscum forums.

I would say both prequels right now. Especially TPM since Hasbro really doesnīt care for this one anymore. There are still lots of extras from Naboo, Tatooine and Coruscant that should be made. We also need a refresh of all the main characters.
    [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue] "You havenīt LEARNED anything, Anakin!"
    -Obi Wan Kenobi (AOTCīs Forbidden Love trailer)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Bashing the Prequels is like bashing sex.[/COLOR]

You know, this is a good thread. My favorite movie is ESB, and I collect all figures no matter what movie they are from. However, thinking about it really hard, I guess that my favorite movie to collect from is ROTJ. I find that strange, because I madly collect everything from ESB no matter what, but the most interesting stuff seems to come out of Jedi. I love Jabba's palace, the ewoks, the vehicles, the characters. So far it is the most diverse IMO.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

I dont have a preference. I like the aliens fromthe Cantina and Jabbas Palace. It doesnt matter to me, as long as they look cool and arent in dorky positions.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten