Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jawa with Rig??

Question Jawa with Rig??

I checked out KebCo Toys' site today for their 25% off sale, then got distracted by their case preorder section. They do a great job there of letting you know what you would get if you bought a case, but some of the listings took some translating. For example, those of us who frequent SSG know exactly which Imperial Dignitary (#1 or #2) is which. And I've seen Ack-Meq Bek listed somewhere as "Cantina Alien", so I knew there was no new Mos Eisly Cantina alien on the horizon that I did not know about. However, one listing, "Jewa with Rig4" got me wondering.

It is certainly easy enough to work out that "Jewa" was probably a mistype of Jawa. But I had not been aware of any new 3.75" Jawas coming down the line. Has anyone else heard of this? And if so, what would the listing mean by "with Rig4"? Any help would be appreciated.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Are you sure you read that correctly. Because I believe it's 'Jawa w/ R1-G4'. Which is the big black robot from the 'Purchase of the Droids'. There's a thread around here that said that he was coming with a Jawa. Dug up the thread and checked Kebco, yep they screwed up. Supposed to be 'Jawa w/ R1-G4'.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=21768

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    Are you sure you read that correctly. Because I believe it's 'Jawa w/ R1-G4'. Which is the big black robot from the 'Purchase of the Droids'. There's a thread around here that said that he was coming with a Jawa. Dug up the thread and checked Kebco, yep they screwed up. Supposed to be 'Jawa w/ R1-G4'.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...ad.php?t=21768

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Thank you JJB, you are correct. The listing simply read like RIG4 and I did not make the connection with R1-G4 (especialy given that I did not know this droid came with a Jawa! I was guessing it might come with that curious little stovepipe droid and/or the mine-sweeping dome droid. Of course if they keep making them all a little different, the "purchase of the droids" droids could provide an excuse for at least two more Jawas.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I'm hoping that it's going to be a re-painted re-tooled Commtech Chip Jawa. Since I doubt they would sculpt a new Jawa up for this set. Especially since the R1 droid is big for $5.00 already. What we really need is that freaky tall Jawa from the 'Purchase of the Droids'.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree about the tall Jawa. A bit off subject, but they need to make "Jabba's Jawa", the one with the palm frond fan from Jabba's Palace. Hopefully he will come with one of the diminutive denizens of the Palace in the future, like Yoxim.

Also, I went back to the KebCo site. The listing I saw reads "Jewa w/Rig4", so they did not even capitalize the letters. And here I was left hoping for a new figure!

Quote Originally Posted by JediCole
    I agree about the tall Jawa. A bit off subject, but they need to make "Jabba's Jawa", the one with the palm frond fan from Jabba's Palace. Hopefully he will come with one of the diminutive denizens of the Palace in the future, like Yoxim.

Also, I went back to the KebCo site. The listing I saw reads "Jewa w/Rig4", so they did not even capitalize the letters. And here I was left hoping for a new figure!

Sorry for any confusion on the names. Its just we really don't know what is going to be in a case until we open it up. The names we have listed come directly off of our Hasbro order form. As soon as we know the correct name (for sure) we correct it.

Ken

Not to worry,Ken. After all the bizarre mistakes that have been on cardbacks over the years, it comes a no real surprise to us that they are sending you info riddled with typos as well.

PS --- Ken, do you guys have any solid idea when you expect to recieve the R1 wave?

Stop pestering the man, Mark!

HUG
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

YEAH....don't "bother" Kebco....j/k

It is great to see them post here (even if it is rarely) I mean hey they are trying to run a business...

I wish some of the other advertisers posted in the forum....or even have their own discussion forum.
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!

Quote Originally Posted by KEBco
    Sorry for any confusion on the names. Its just we really don't know what is going to be in a case until we open it up. The names we have listed come directly off of our Hasbro order form. As soon as we know the correct name (for sure) we correct it.

Ken
    Ken,
    Not a problem. I figured that was the situation. Such was the case with those lists that Wal-Mart employees used to smuggle to SSG for our enlightenment (in the dark days before Hasbro became so cooperative with SSG, and aware that their market for Star Wars was not JUST 4-11 year olds)!

Thanks for offering such great assortments and the One of Every Figure Club!